I have a curve but my buddy just came across a pearl. He just told ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mbpike no está en línea Stack level 1

MMS on AT&T

Advertisement

I have a curve but my buddy just came across a pearl. He just told me that he can't send or recieve multi media messages. I told him to call AT&T and see whats up. I have the internet package on my curve but i used not to and everything worked fine still. They told him that he had to have internet or it woiuld never work. I was wondering if anyone knew how true that statement was or if they are just trying to make him sign up for it. and if so is there any way around it? Thanks for all the help.

Matt

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    You can do MMS without a data package on a BB. I have a few friends that have BB's without data plans and they send me MMS messages all the time.

well AT&T said the curve was the only one you could do it on

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Tell him to call tech support about his issue. It must be a provisioning issue on his phone plan thats keeping him from sending MMS messages.

No worries just an inexperienced rep I run into them all time.

rich0370 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I have 2 friends with pearls, on has dataplan, one doesn't. But they both can send/recieve pics no problem. I would just give ATT a call. He may have it blocked on his plan to allow no unexpected overages.

well he called them back and they said they changed some settings, now the phone says date connection refu... so i'm guessing thats refused. Any ideas why???

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    my two cents, I spent some time on the phone with the AT&T techs-they said the only BB that would consistantly send/receive MMS was the 8310 without a data plan. I also have a pearl 8100 with 4.5 and it will SOMETIMES send and receive MMS messages without a data plan. So I dont really know.....

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Does he have a mms plan on his phone? you can still pay for the MMS plan and be able to send MMS. What OS is he running? he may be trying to send them as an email and therefore be unable to do it.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by mbpike View Post
    well he called them back and they said they changed some settings, now the phone says date connection refu... so i'm guessing thats refused. Any ideas why???

What kind of sim card is he on? Is it an all white one or a white and blue one?

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    At&t = MMS is included with data plans.
    I've an acquaintance w/a Pearl who's also had intermittent MMS luck. In order to ensure consistent performance, must add data plan to account

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by mbpike View Post
    I have a curve but my buddy just came across a pearl. He just told me that he can't send or recieve multi media messages. I told him to call AT&T and see whats up. I have the internet package on my curve but i used not to and everything worked fine still. They told him that he had to have internet or it woiuld never work. I was wondering if anyone knew how true that statement was or if they are just trying to make him sign up for it. and if so is there any way around it? Thanks for all the help.

Matt

As far as AT&T is concerned if you have a Blackberry and want to use the Internet you Must have at least the "BIS" $30 plan. Having said that MMS are sent via the internet. Now, unless the Internet is Blocked your friend will be charged per use, which can really add up.

well after talkin to AT&T he got everything set up where it works now. No internet package was added. Thanks for all the help ya'll.