Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Cougar24 Scratch that about T-Mobile's firmware update. It was for the 8100. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: MMS Messeging Option Gone

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar24 View Post
    Scratch that about T-Mobile's firmware update. It was for the 8100.

Azstar - Have you been calling the 1-800 number? I went up to my alltel place and they were like "You can't send a MMS Message?? It's a Blackberry!" So they weren't much help. I'm about to call tech. support to see whats up.

Yes, I've been told by reps in-store, and by email and phone to the main customer service and was told by all three that they were hoping to have it working by Christmas, obviously that didn't happen, they still won't give an eta, but say for sure they are working on it............patience is not my strong suit though

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Have you tried the good old battery pull yet? It usually makes strange random things like that go away.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

azstar, i would call alltel and make sure that your account has mms provisioning attached. if not, then you won't even be able to send as pay per use. that happened to me at one point. the mms feature had 'mysteriously' been removed from my account.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Oh I totally forgot that my MMS just shut off and wouldn't send. I think it might have been an OS problem though. I called AT&T and had to basically reset everything and reload the OS and it worked fine for a while and then I believe it stopped working again. It was VERY frustrating. I don't know if it works anymore as I don't use my pearl anymore.

Cougar24 no está en línea Stack level 2

The way Alltel does their plans for the phone is that everything is included. The data plan, unlimited texts, access to internet, ect... The only thing that you can really change are the minutes on your plan. Atleast, thats how it was explained to me. I just got the phone maybe 3 weeks ago and I'm running the latest firmware and everything. The 8130 just came to Alltel back in like November I think, so I doubt they have any previous versions... I hope I'm wrong though. It's kinda sad to think that my old RAZR has a one up on my blackberry.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ok, so you have NOT had MMS capabilities since upgrading/switching to the 8130?

Cougar24 no está en línea Stack level 2

Nope. Not since I got it earlier this month. I don't know about everyone elses, but mine doesn't even have a service book entry for MMS.
    Last edited by Cougar24; 01-25-2008 at 08:55 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    azstar, i would call alltel and make sure that your account has mms provisioning attached. if not, then you won't even be able to send as pay per use. that happened to me at one point. the mms feature had 'mysteriously' been removed from my account.
    The booklet that came with my 8130 has MMS instructions, but on my phone, those menu options arn't there.....Alltel simply doesn't have MMS for the BB yet. They keep on promising me that their "engineers" are working with RIM to get it working on the Alltel network, but for now no MMS.

But my plan has unlimited text, plus MMS pic, and video messaging once it's working.

I know this is off topic from the start of the thread, sorry, just saw MMS issues and jumped in.

5 one no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    I was just told by alltel that the 8130 is not set up for MMS.. But they are working on it. I had a 8100 with AT&T and it was set up for MMS. Don't understand why Alltel can't get Rim BlackBerry to load it. Who holding this up?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12