Aight so i have read through a few of the threads dealing with MMS......I dont ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

atlzdynasty no está en línea Stack level 2

MMS Cingular pearl

Advertisement

Aight so i have read through a few of the threads dealing with MMS......I dont think i quite understand what there are saying to fix it.......can anybody help and posibble put into lamens terms for me.......just got the pearl 5 days ago......everything is awesome about this phone except MMS...i can not receive them....does one have to have the data plan in order for this to work....I have the media net package from my old phone of 200 messages text video picture messaging.......dont know what to do

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: MMS Cingular pearl

without the MMS service books, you will not be able to send MMS. regular SMS will work.

without the data plan, you cannot receive service books.

does that help?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

yes unfortunately that MediaNet plan does not work with BlackBerry devices. You will need to upgrade that to a BB data plan (starting at 29.99 for unlimited or 39.99 for unlimited plus 1500 text/mms messages)
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

atlzdynasty no está en línea Stack level 2

Aight thanks a lot i guess i gotta go put more money into this phone........

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by atlzdynasty
    Aight thanks a lot i guess i gotta go put more money into this phone........
    yes but you will enjoy it much more than you do now
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

jjbertramiv no está en línea Stack level 2

So cherrichiodo does this mean one could add the BB Data plan download the MMS service books and then dump the data plan days later and simply pay a prorated fee for the few days and then have MMS on their Pearl? My question isn't so much about the billing that is a TMO or Cing question BUT I want to know if you need to keep the BB Data plan to continue to MMS or are you good to go once you receive the service books? I really want to know the answer because I am to broke at the moment to add anything else to my monthly bill but am terrified about not having any MMS capabilities. atlzdynasty looks like we are dealing with the same issue at the moment. Thanks in advance.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by jjbertramiv
    So cherrichiodo does this mean one could add the BB Data plan download the MMS service books and then dump the data plan days later and simply pay a prorated fee for the few days and then have MMS on their Pearl? My question isn't so much about the billing that is a TMO or Cing question BUT I want to know if you need to keep the BB Data plan to continue to MMS or are you good to go once you receive the service books? I really want to know the answer because I am to broke at the moment to add anything else to my monthly bill but am terrified about not having any MMS capabilities. atlzdynasty looks like we are dealing with the same issue at the moment. Thanks in advance.
    You could do that, but it's not worth the hassle especially if service books get messed up sometimes and you need to resend them. When you upgrade or when your services change the service books change. Sorry that AT&T hasn't come up with a solution for you guys without data plans but it guess it's the way the cookie crumbles. In my opinion it's not worth the hassle of getting MMS.