I have Rogers .94 OS. I'm so confused when people say how it can detect ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

micherooo no está en línea Stack level 3

Misspelled words

Advertisement

I have Rogers .94 OS. I'm so confused when people say how it can detect misspelled words by underling and italicizing the word. I have never noticed this. Can somebody give me an example?

I try to intentionally make a really strange word, then go to the next word, and I don't see anything special. No underline or italicize, just gibberish. I have never considered downloading something like BB Corrector cuz I don't think I need it that badly and for it to take up more of my precious memory! Or was this a feature on another OS?

Thanks

rizzo70 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: Misspelled words

Hey Mich it does sound like jibber jabber however it would be a nice feature to have
    but I never saw it either I would recommend the new AT&T OS because it boots faster and call quality
    is much nicer and movies play better..I didnt get out yet to try the MP3s in my car but I'm sure they are fine. I did try the camera and it was awesome like normal...

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

I have the Rogers OS and I never saw that feature. Maybe the person who told you have a spellcheck prog. Just a guess. Well I'm about to upgrade to the new AT&T OS.

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

im using rogers and i know what they are talking about, when you type a word that isnt really a word, it will show up in italics in the bar at the bottom, it only does it some times though, usually with longer words because usually if you misspell something suretype just substitutes a different correctly spelled word. i didnt even notice it at first when i updated to rogers, and even when i did notice i just figured it was something that was there all along that i had just never paid attention to,

ive been thinking about downloading bb corrector or another spell check app because im notorious for misspellings, so if anyone out there in internet land has any info on which spell check app works the best id really appreciate it.

micherooo no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Jacisipmac
    im using rogers and i know what they are talking about, when you type a word that isnt really a word, it will show up in italics in the bar at the bottom, it only does it some times though, usually with longer words because usually if you misspell something suretype just substitutes a different correctly spelled word. i didnt even notice it at first when i updated to rogers, and even when i did notice i just figured it was something that was there all along that i had just never paid attention to,

ive been thinking about downloading bb corrector or another spell check app because im notorious for misspellings, so if anyone out there in internet land has any info on which spell check app works the best id really appreciate it.
    this helps. you're right, it is barely noticeable but I will notice it next time now!