So I have been dealing with a problem with my 8130.. I noticed that my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum
Missing Call log, Emails, Text.. HELP
So I have been dealing with a problem with my 8130.. I noticed that my text and emails will delete them on there own.. My inbox with all my text will delete it self also.. what can I do?
i have this issue too and im sick of it i get important stuff and i have to make sure i save it right away cause my phone always pulls this crap... ive tried playing with the settings but it doesnt help
ooo i fixed it by deleting alot of my photos off the device memory and ringtones en such then i cleared my browser cach en stuff and i checked my status thingy and i dont have a 0 anymores so woot!
Known problem with all bbs. Delete all unused languages etc and it will stop having memory leaks. There is also a nice guide that will help you in the Guides section at the top of the page. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
Thanks I'll give it a try..
Originally Posted by brooke03
You can find a link to Red's thread on this in my blog including some setting changes you can do to help- but start by deleting unused languages, extra themes you may have loaded, and 3rd party apps that you dont often use. Move all media to a media card....
There is a few things that you can do to stop this:
1) settings>security>general>memory cleaning chg this to disable
2) press and hold alt, enter L G L G press menu and cose clear logs (once a day)
3) open browser, press menu, options>cache operations clear all logs
4) delete unimportant emails/txts, those that are important while reading them press menu and chose save, then you can delete them from the sms folder they will be in the saved messages folder.. (these are deleted last by the phone itselfs)
5) delete applications you are not using like VAD, and other languages setting>advanced>applications>highlight unused app, press menu, chose delete
6) consider upgrading your OS, the newest that im aware of is Sprint's 184.108.40.206 it gives you more memory.
7) keep an eye on your available free file memory size, you can view this in setting>status and or hold ALT key and enter EACE.
Hopes this helps...
its call memory leak the 8130 does not have enough memory it only has 64MB.
Originally Posted by Texas512
These logs are kept why the phone so that if you have any trouble and take the phone to a tech. for asst then they will ask what you were doing when the problem occured they then look at the list to see what happened, its just like the logs on a computer, keeps track of everything the phone does, if your not having any problems with the phone you dont need the logs..
Is there a way to have the phone auto delete the logs everyday? Or does it require manually going in and doing it daily?
sorry for the delay in answering, no the phone will not delete the logs on its own, you have to do this manually.
Just buy a 2 gig 20 dollar memory card and problem solved
This is about the 4th morning in a row where I've woken up and seen that all my text messages and call logs have been deleted...
I am getting sick of this happening.
Can anyone help out?
I have tried deleting apps, unnecessary things, etc...
Stat freak, whats your free memory? (Options - Status - File Free=?)
Tags for this Thread