Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I went through the same thing (though I haven't been able to get it fixed). ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rsanty921 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Missing browser and other problems --- Please help?

Advertisement

I went through the same thing (though I haven't been able to get it fixed). I updated my phone 2 days after I got it thru the DM. Then I went to go to my browser, low and behold it's not there. So, I call Cingular. They can't help me. They send me to their technical support hotline. Can't help me. They resent the books. I did a master wipe. I tried registering the browser (again) and nothing. Then they transferred me to Blackberry's technical support hotline. The guy from Blackberry couldn't help me either. He tried everything they did. Then he told me to open up DM and go to advanced options in the DM and try clicking on the second option. Unfortunately it was greyed out and I couldn't select it. So somehow I managed to screw up my phone to the point where no one could fix it. Awesome I know. So needless to say I have yet to be able to fix it. I'm trying to download the new software and hope for the best. I'll keep you posted on if it works.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

wonder why they had you do a wipe after you resent service books.
    do you have a BIS account? you can log on there and send the books yourself....you will need to do that after installing the new OS anyway

rsanty921 no está en línea Stack level 1

well downloading that program from cingular's website (the new DM) helped. I've got my browser back and everything. Though now that I have it back, I can't say I like it all that much. Opera Mini is so much better by a long shot.

richiecall28 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Missing browser and other problems --- Please help?

Quote Originally Posted by kayos72
    first problem.
    go options>advanced>host routing table then menu then register now. should do the trick, or go to your carriers website and send the browser service books.
    \
    post back if this helps
    Thanks!! It helped me out, and saved me the trouble of calling customer support!

mnwilla no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Missing browser and other problems --- Please help?

Quote Originally Posted by psi chick View Post
    i see that you're on cingular. we had the same issue. go to the website and go to "blackberry software downloads". click on the pearl from the drop down list and it will give you a link to download software version 4.2.0.89. download that and run it on the pearl. there's some kind of issue with one of the files, i forget which one, but it's a library file. that download will install the correct file and then your web browser should pop back up. we had to do this on both our pearls and it fixed the issue.
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Last edited by mnwilla; 01-27-2008 at 01:30 AM.

mnwilla no está en línea Stack level 1

I can't thank you enough for the advice. I downloaded the software from my cell carrier and then to my Pearl and I now have my browser back. The only down side is that it lost all my bookmarks. I am just glad to have my browser back. Thanks again, mnwilla

Vealy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!!

One thing I have learned to do often is to create a library of backups using desktop manager, Has saved my address book and mosl other phone settings after a clean install.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12