I went to the new AT&T OS last week. Since then I have dropped 2 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Question Missed call icon won't go away - new OS

Advertisement

I went to the new AT&T OS last week. Since then I have dropped 2 calls - which has never happened before but I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt and hoping it was just one of those things. But now I have the "missed call" icon on my screen and it will not go away! I'm a little OCD and it's driving me crazy! When I looked in my Call Log - the two calls were not showing up in the log at all, although I heard the phone ring twice and know I missed two calls (usually if I miss a call, I can go to the call log and click on the missed call and it clears the icon). I have my call logging set to "none" in the show in message list option, and I have done all the usual things - turn phone off, battery pull, etc. I even hooked it up to my desktop software and cleared the phone call logs, etc. - all to no avail. That freaking icon is still there!!!

I had this happen once on the old OS with the e-mail icon and the only way I could get it to go away was to delete and recreate all of my e-mail accounts and then resend my service books. But since this is the call log, I don't think that would help this at all, right?

I did a search of these forums and it seems like the only solution others came up with was to 'wipe' their phone. These were all older topics so I'm hoping a new solution has been found since then? If not, how does one go about wiping their phone (as I have never done that before)? If I do wipe it, what happens to all of the 3rd party apps I have? If I have done a backup, will all those apps be put back on my phone or does the backup only apply to native BB apps? I REALLY don't want to have to reinstall everything! Please help!! Thanks!

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Missed call icon won't go away - new OS

look in your message folder, is it logging missed calls in there? if so go to your call log, then go to options. go down to calling logging, open and set to none.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Nope, I'm not logging any calls in my message folder - have had call logging set to none all along. This is just weird. I'm thinking about just upgrading to the newest OS (.101) that came out and see if that solves it, since I've also had a small dropped call problem. tks!

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

no problem. i have .101 on my 8100 and love it so far