Hey there. I've had my Pearl for about 3 weeks now and recently started using ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Merauder no está en línea Stack level 1

Question "Missed Calendar Reminder" Icon issue

Advertisement

Hey there.

I've had my Pearl for about 3 weeks now and recently started using the built-in calendar. I had an "appointment" today which I entered yesterday as a quick reminder for me at 10am. The default alarm setting was set at 15min. prior to the event. When 10am rolled around, I never saw any notification of the actual apointmen, but a "missed calendar reminder" icon with a "1" count showed up on my home screen. I had to reference the guide included with the phone to even determine what the icon was since I had never seen it before.
    Once I figured out what it was, I took care of the apointment business and proceeded to try to clear the icon notification from the home screen. To this moment, over 12 hours later (since was at work all day only playing with it on and off) the icon is still there telling me I have 1 missed calendar reminder.
    I havent been able to find any means of clearing it in the calendar; no Outlook-esque reminder to "dismiss" or whatever. I even tried simply deleting the reminder, but it still tells me i've missed something. The only other item on my calendar doesnt take place until Saturday, 3 days away.
    I tried power cycling, which did nothing. Hell, I even work for T-Mobile and went through our rep's reference information for the phone and couldnt find anything on it.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Or is this something really obvious that me as a first time BlackBerry user is just looking right over?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Merauder, Welcome to PinStack.

Open the Calendar App, and go the the event you missed Open it and then Close it. See if your Missed Event indicator dissapears.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr,
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

The problem therein being that I deleted the event from the calendar already. 11/22 shows no events at all anymore.

More info... I built another event after posting this to see how it would act, and I got absolutely no activity from it at all. No notifications, no alarm, nothing; and the previous icon still hasnt gone away.
    I waited until 12am to see if the day change would effect it; no dice.

I'm hoping I don't need to hard reset the thing after only a few weeks. :/

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That sounds quite annoying! It sounds like you haven't pulled the battery? I bet that would clear the reminder. And hopefully it doesn't happens again!

Good luck.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

"Missed event" reminder icon? I wish!

Anyway, what theme are you using? Is it the "today" theme?

Quote Originally Posted by nmadd
    It sounds like you haven't pulled the battery? I bet that would clear the reminder.
    This seemed to resolve the issue. Thanks for the suggestion as I never would have thought to do so. Most all phones i've owned prior to the BB would only require a power cycle which would be equivilant to pulling the battery from them.

And to answer the other question, I was using the "T-Mobile Zen" theme when the issue occured.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Glad that took care of it. The Cold Reboot is a great tool for trouble shooting problems and can cure a lot of them. I usually do one about once a week or two, just to keep things clean. It will always get some of your free memory back.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

grscales no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: "Missed Calendar Reminder" Icon issue

Rcbjr,

I have the same problem on my Pearl 8100. The missed calendar reminder icon appears on my blackberry screen homepage, and I cannot figure out how to remove it. I have tried opening the missed appointment, but that hasn't helped. (I have dozens of past appointments and opened them all). I have also removed the battery for a restart but that hasn't cleared it either. Any further ideas? The blackberry material doesn't show anywhere how to remove this icon.

thanks