Why dont MS port their software to the blackberry. Like outlook, word, Windows media player ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wglogan2005 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Microsoft and Blackberry

Advertisement

Why dont MS port their software to the blackberry. Like outlook, word, Windows media player ect. I mean dont make it preload but you can buy it.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Microsoft and Blackberry

The RIM OS is WM's(Windows Mobile) biggest compettitor, to me signing some sort of deal to do this would be a death sentence for windows mobile.

I personally have no use for any MS Office etc... products on my mobile as I always have my laptop and have access to much more that way, but I know alot of people do.

My .02

wglogan2005 no está en línea Stack level 2

Well that makes scence. But you would think MS would do that fact they want to own every market they are in. if they did that they would have many times the moblie software sales. But I just thought it would be an Ideal. Prolly never happen....

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

There are many third party applications that allow word, excel...

Check for Gridmagic, EOffice, and a few more.

Corith no está en línea Stack level 1

I wouldn't say that the RIM OS is M$'s BIGGEST competitor in the mobile market. I would say RIM's growth is higher, but as far as market share, nothing probably compete's with Palm. Palm has been out longer and the interface is great, you just need to have a place for handwriting recognition. But anyways...

M$ doesn't want to be IN every market, they want to CONTROL every market. You see, if they develope MS Word for RIM OS, and RIM OS becomes predominant (e.g. holds 95% of the market), and I want to create a better product for RIM OS that can read Word files, then I only have to ask RIM for documentation and they would probably give it to me (or I could buy it). If I want to make a competing product with M$ Word on M$ Windows CE, I have to ask M$ and they don't have to give me a developer's license (well, they do because of Anti-trust laws, but they don't have to make it easy).