Just got my sandisk 1GB microSD card with the adapter. I put it into my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mike314 no está en línea Stack level 1

microSD quick one

Advertisement

Just got my sandisk 1GB microSD card with the adapter. I put it into my PC with the adapter which it recongnized, then I dragged some images onto the card, then I inserted the microSD card into my BB pearl, turned mass storage on and now in Media icon it has nothing in MediaCard (not the stuff I put on there from my PC)

Do I have to plug my BB pearl into my PC and drag files on that way or use the software that came with the BB???

I'm dying to change the wallpaper on my BB

thanks

Notorious170 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: microSD quick one

you should put the card in the pearl first then format it. once thats done, turn on mass storage, then plug your phone in using the usb cable and you can open it like that and add to it.

format it?

from the pearl? how do I do that?

also, do I have to add the files to specific folders on my microSD?

thanks

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by mike314
    format it?

from the pearl? how do I do that?

also, do I have to add the files to specific folders on my microSD?

thanks
    To format the card you go to options, advanced options, media card, menu, format card. Once done it will apply a blackberry folder on the card and in that folder will be folders for pics, music, video, ringtones. At that point you can either pull the card out and put in a card reader and drag and drop into the appropriate folder (not sure why you would take the time to pull the battery), enable mass storage (same area as the format card) and go into the same area that you would for the card reader (as the device will now be recognized as a device with removeable storage) or connect to the desktop manager and use the media manager option. Welcome to the stacks and post back with any other questions. Hope it helps.

yes that worked. For those searching and coming across this, follow the steps above

thanks again guys!!!

Notorious170 no está en línea Stack level 3

np. glad it worked out for you. let us know if theres anything else you need help with.