Ok, I screwed up. I have a 1GB microSD in my pearl and did the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

yannis no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down MicroSD problem device freeze

Advertisement

Ok, I screwed up. I have a 1GB microSD in my pearl and did the following dumb think.

I was using the desktop manager to see files in the media card and wanted to transfer files from the main directory to a subdirectory. It was taking too much time so I decided to cancel.
    Cancel was also taking too much time so i pulled the USB plug.
    The device froze and when i removed and replaced the battery after the hourglass the screen just remains white and there is no progress.

When i removed the media card the device booted ok.
    Closing the media card support also worked to have the device boot with the card inside. As soon as i changed the support to on and hit save the device froze again.

I will try to put the media card to a reader in the my PC and wipe it clean and see if this helps.

This bug sounds like something anyone can fell into so beware! I hope the card is not gone the wind.

desjr7359 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DECE1A

Re: MicroSD problem device freeze

Fortunately the 1 Gig card isn't very expensive (relatively speaking). And you'll eventually want a 2 gig card anyways. You should be able to access your pearl directly through the USB and possibly fix the card from there. I never use the desktop manager for moving media.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Its a crapshoot. I've had them fry that way, and I've reformatted too. Good luck! If you need a card, san fran has a bunch of 512k ones I think lol j/k. He was mentioning his abundance of cards in another thread.

yannis no está en línea Stack level 1

The PC attempt did not work. the PC cannot read the card. It says something like I/O errors and cannot even format from DOS.
    I'm screwed. Any idea when that 2GB will be supported?

Thirstee no está en línea Stack level 2

it is supported on the rogers update as well as the o2 update, just not the standard tmo version thats out right now