Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well I look in options and it says I have 3.3GB of free space left. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tj2311111 Guest

MicroSD problem?

Advertisement

Well I look in options and it says I have 3.3GB of free space left. But when I calculate the total MBs of files I should be at 2.9GB's of free space. So obviously something is wrong where it is reading the wrong free space. Any ideas on how to fix this?

This happened after I added a video that didn't play and reseted by BB. I deleted it ASAP. All the other files work.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: MicroSD problem?

so you think that the bb is showing more free space then what you have? im confused now...

tj2311111 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah that's exactly the problem. Its showing the microsd has more space than it actually has left.

tj2311111 Guest

Anyone?

Vealy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!!

Take the card out and check the filesize with your computer. Then you'll at least be able to narrow down to faulty component.

tj2311111 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

How exactly do you check it with the computer? I'm new to the microSD.

Vealy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!!

If your Micro SD came with an adapter (looks like a regular SD card that you slide the micro into) you just pop it into a SD card reader on your computer. If you dont have one built in they sell multicard readers for pretty cheap these days. After you pop it in go to My computer and check the removable storage drive properties for the card inserted. his should give you the file size. Plus you can also open it and look at hidden files to see if there is anything else on the card. If all fails copy the content over to your computers hard drive (check the filesize again) and then format the Micro SD card and see if the problem follows. This is of course if the problem is the card.

tj2311111 Guest

Thanks. I dont have SD reader on my computer. But how interesting is this. I delete a file (about 125MB's) and it goes to 3.1GB free. Then I re-add the same exact file (same size) and it goes to 3.3GB's free. Its suppose to go down not up when I add a file. Whats going on? Im gonna transfer my media stuff to my computer and reformat the card.
    Last edited by tj2311111; 01-28-2008 at 07:46 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i think you are over-analyzing JP.

weird issue, but i don't think its that big of a deal unless you intend to fill that whole card up

tj2311111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i think you are over-analyzing JP.

weird issue, but i don't think its that big of a deal unless you intend to fill that whole card up
    You know I'm gonna fill it up, every bit of space is important and I like to know where Im at, no false readings. Ill just reformat and see what happens. Seems that video file I put on might of did something to the card. To reformat all you have to do is click reformat in the media card options. Its that simple.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Let us know if it solves the issue.
    ~Lauren

tj2311111 Guest

Okay the reformatting didn't work. Actually got worse. I removed all the files to my desktop, reformatted the card in BB, and then placed the files back. Now it says I have 3.7GBs free (the whole card) when I obviously have way less than that. I'm absolutely lost as to what the problem could be.

That is so odd..
    Maybe just replace the microSD card altogether, and see if it correctly displays your file free after that..
    ~Lauren

tj2311111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    That is so odd..
    Maybe just replace the microSD card altogether, and see if it correctly displays your file free after that..

I just took the MicroSD card out and the placed it back and reloaded my blackberry. Nothing. Still shows that the card has 3.7GBs free even though I have files on it. Thing is all the files actually work so its not like their malfunctioned.

Well I think the only option you have is to either keep this card and continue using it with the wrong amount of file count. Or buy a new microSD card and hope that it solves the problem.
    ~Lauren

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast