I have seen similar posts for other devices, which I have tried. So I wanted ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Leana no está en línea Stack level 1

Question MicroSD Media Card Format Issue

Advertisement

I have seen similar posts for other devices, which I have tried. So I wanted to post here to see if there is something I'm missing that might be specific for the 8220.

I accidently pulled the the usb out of the device while on a call. This immediately rebooted the phone and when I was able to get it back on, the memory card could not be read. I have done numerous battery pulls, I have tried reformmating on the phone which comes back with "failure", I have reformatted on the pc which allows me to read the card on the pc and allow me to create folders on it. I have found some posts as to which folders to put on there but some posts identify different folders.

I'm hoping that someone could tell me what folders are supposed to be there for my device, then suggest what to do next because when I put the card in the phone again, I still get the message that the card can't be read. I tried reformatting on the phone again, and it didn't work.

Did I just screw up the card and do I need another one? :cry: Thanks for your help.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via smartphone~
    What was usb being utilized for at the time it was disconnected?

Charging

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Are you running on a Mac or a Windows computer?

Try plugging it in and manually ejecting/stopping the USB drive, and then disconnecting the phone.
    -Tim

~via smartphone~
    Disconnecting usb while charging should not cause a reboot nor the memory card problems outlined above!
    When the card is formated and or otherwise recognized by the handheld, the proper directory/folders are established.
    Turn phone off and take the card out. Turn back on and do a battery pull without it in the device. Go to Options>Media Card. Set Media Card to On, Encryption None, Mass Storage On, Auto Enable When In Mass Storage to Prompt. Then turn it off and reinstall the card. Power back up. Go to Media, Pictures and see if card's being recognized

ssnxp - I have Windows Vista

Berryadict - Thanks but unfortunately that did not work.

Thank goodness I didn't have anything important on the card, just some music I can replace.

~via smartphone~
    Let's try this. Usb the device with card in it to pc. Start>My Computer>Drive indicating BB>R click for Menu>Format>Fat32>Quick Format>Start>Yes.
    If this doesn't work, card may have failed and you need a new one