Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just an FYI- I was hopelessly trying to get the Crucial 2 GB microSD to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rajatsud no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: MicroSD format problem

Advertisement

Just an FYI- I was hopelessly trying to get the Crucial 2 GB microSD to work in my 8100, with no luck formatting via the device of through the computer...The card would be recognized by the device, but, however, it kept saying that the card could not be formatted. I tried another card, and the same problem! Finally, I opened up the case, cleaned the card, inserted and locked it back in place, and simply pressed it against the metal contacts...Upon rebooting all was well...So I'm guessing my formatting issues required nothing but a proverbial ''kick on the back side' )...

db869 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: MicroSD format problem

I re-seated the card in my 8830 and that made it get recognized. 2 GB SanDisk works great now.

Prometheus01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Amazing.

I have been messing around with my Blackberry 8310 for days. I have a 4Gb SD micro card. It was recognized fine by my computer early on and then suddenly just stopped. I got the "insert disk into drive F:/" message.

After all of the loading, unloading. deleting ,and reinstalling, I finally followed the suggestion here to simply remove the micro card and reinsert it. IT WORKS.

I poo-poo'ed the idea because my Blackberry read the card fine, so obviously it was inserted properly. Apparently reinserting the card made the Blackberry boot up again and return to default settings.

Amazingly simple. Wish I had read this two weeks ago.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    wow lesson learned. the search button works great before going to such crazy ideas as wiping the device :P

benoitsd no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Try These Steps...

If your PC can recognize the card and format it, but the blackberry phone you are using is not able to format it or recognize it try this. Please note this is how i was able to get mine to work. This may not work for everyone.

*Insert the card into a compatible slot and then locate it in my computer.
    *In XP right click "My Computer" and select Manage
    *On the left hand panel, select Disk Management and locate the media card on the right side by noticing the size of space on it. (In my case it was an 8gig card that registered as 7.6ish gigs) Note: please do not format your windows installation drive.
    * Right click on the media card partitions and delete them. You should have empy space available for a new partition.
    *Right click your media card again and select New Partition. You should get a new window (format wizard). Create one (1) large partition but choose not to format the card.
    *Once done, exit the Computer management console and remoe the card from your pc.
    *Insert the card into your blackberry phone and then take the battery out of the phone and the replace the battery back into your phone.

When your phone boots back up, it should acknowledge and recognize your card and tell you to format it. I went to Options - Media and then used the phone's format utility to format the card. this time it worked.

Hope this helps others with the Failed Format error in their phones with their media cards.

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    !!!!Buy ATP!!!!! No I do NOT work for them, but i have like 7 ATP cards and there is absolutely no problem with using them in a BB Pearl, Curve, Samsung A707 or A737 as long as they are all the same format(not one IBM and one Mac). SanDisk and Kingston are good brands and all, but ATP is water-proof and very reliable.....

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    also make sure that you enable mass storage every single time you usb your BB to your computer(it pops up when you plug it in), if your not prompted to do so each and every time then there is something wrong with your card, phone, or both...

AMD313 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30E6AC00
    My 1gig Micro SD wont work after I pulled it from the back of my 8830 without powering it off first.

Is this bad for the card? Now it wont do anything. Even if I put it in the card reader connected to my PC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12