Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Good point. Also the safer play if my wife sees the receipt. She's already rolling ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

adaming no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: MicroSD Cards?

Advertisement

Good point. Also the safer play if my wife sees the receipt. She's already rolling her eyes and questioning whether I really needed to upgrade from the 7105 I bought less than a month ago. Of course I did! She's just jealous and doesn't want to admit that her RAZR sucks compared to the Pearl.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

adaming, Welcome to PinStack. Now you need to get her a Blackberry, so she will understand your obsession.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi adam, welcome to pinstack.

My thoughts on the 2 gig card, go ahead and buy one, and if it doesnt work bring it back. I have a Motorola i870 and I was told the 1 gig would not work, so I went and bought one, and have been using it for about a year, works fine.

I dont like the idea of carrying two cards, so I would never buy two 1 gig cards.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Chris, from what I've read here and elsewhere, the Pearl/8100 chokes big time when a 2 gig card is used. I think n8 has this listed.

Richard.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Hi adam, welcome to pinstack.

My thoughts on the 2 gig card, go ahead and buy one, and if it doesnt work bring it back. I have a Motorola i870 and I was told the 1 gig would not work, so I went and bought one, and have been using it for about a year, works fine.

I dont like the idea of carrying two cards, so I would never buy two 1 gig cards.
    Unless I am using a camera, I don't carry "spare" cards. You are right in regards to the MicroSD though. That chip is so small it can get lost fast. In fact, when I was taking the above shot, the MicroSD stuck to the palm of my hand and but for my seeing it I could have dropped it on the floor and never found it.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by adaming
    Good point. Also the safer play if my wife sees the receipt. She's already rolling her eyes and questioning whether I really needed to upgrade from the 7105 I bought less than a month ago. Of course I did! She's just jealous and doesn't want to admit that her RAZR sucks compared to the Pearl.
    Yeah, big price jump from the 1gb to the 2gb.

That's funny about the wife and the 7105. Having the 7105 less than a month is kind of extreme. Just tell her the 8100 has some ESSENTIAL, CRUCIAL and WILL-MAKE-ME-MORE-PRODUCTIVE features. [the MP3 and movie players ].

I had the 7100t about 14 months. Always loved it and said it was the best phone I have ever had. Now, after I fell prey to the 8100's siren song, that 7100 looks like an old hag former mistress.

eyehate no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF25FD

mine is a kingston 2gb... i have not filled it yet, as i am still under a gig, but it seems ok for now... who knows what will happen when put over one gig of stuff on it tho!

adaming no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks everybody for the input. I went the safe route and got a 1 GB Sandisk. Works fine. Loving my Pearl. Wife story continues: she lost her RAZR on a flight. I gave her my 2 year old BB 7100t to tide her over (I stopped using it when the keys were wearing out and there was dust behind the screen and I upgraded to a 7105). Anyway, she grudgingly admits she loves the thing. All the grief I always got for reading email while driving, and now she does it too. Of course it is only a matter of time before she demands to have her own Pearl.

OldTimer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3040B2F1

The NE Regional Sales Manager for RIM stopped by my work to seel the 8100 & 8703 for Tmobile. That Pearl is so small I was shocked, it has such a sharp screen it is amazing. He told me the SD max was 4GB and also that Raytheon, the largest Government contractor they have are buying them up and have dropped the camera restrictions since almost all cell phones have them now. What a beauty that Pearl is, might have to drop Nextel!
    3040B2F1 on the Curve & loving it!

theengel no está en línea Stack level 1

What micro Sd card do I have to buy...im new to this and they have so many san's out there, from digital etc.Can someone give me the exact exact name to make it idiot proof?> Thanks so much

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

theengel I answered your question in your other post, no need to double post. We are attentive and listen. enjoy your time here
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

ahh, I arrived late. I was going to tell you the 2 gig works for sure.. =0/

I currently have a 1 gig (I bought it when I first bought phone in nov), but my buddy who purchased it a few weeks ago has the 2 gig.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

1gig Kingston for now, but will upgrade soon to a 2 gig!

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Chris, from what I've read here and elsewhere, the Pearl/8100 chokes big time when a 2 gig card is used. I think n8 has this listed.

Richard.
    Has anyone else experienced any added lag or "choking" with a 2 gig card used or was that long ago fixed?

jenga1083 no está en línea Stack level 2

I JUST installed a 2bg San Disk Micro into my TMO Pearl. I had alraedy upgraded my OS to .71 so it works perfectly fine! I'm using it as my mp3 player, web browser, chat service, navigation, and phone.... what more do i need. =D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast