I posted this up on a different forum, but I'm posting it up here hoping ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fudownfall no está en línea Stack level 1

Micro SD Problem

Advertisement

I posted this up on a different forum, but I'm posting it up here hoping to get some better answers.

Okay, I've searched for hours and hours and have attemped to solve this on my own for an eternity, but I fail. I even tried to upgrade to the newest firmware, but instead got me a 507 error (major headache) which took about half of my life to fix. So now I turn to you guys for help. I just got a BB 8100 T-Mobile last week, and bought a 2GB Crucial MicroSD to use with it.
    These are the symptoms and should answer most of your questions..

1. There is no 'Format Card' option, in fact, it says 'A media card is not presently inserted in the device', which, I'm guessing, would hinder the 'Format Card' option.
    2. These are my settings under the Options -> Advanced Options -> Media Card subfolder. Media Card Support - On, Encryption Mode - None, MSMS - On, Auto Enable - No.
    3. This is the firmware -- v.4.2.1.107 (platform 2.3.0.83)
    4. Yes, I did format this card on the computer, no luck.
    5. The card is not broken, computer can read the SD adapter and I can transfer things onto the card via the computer.

Thats pretty much all I can think of right now. I don't want to go out and buy another card if this card works fine.. So hopefully one of you guys will be able to help me out. Thanks!

brad34471 no está en línea Stack level 2
    It sounds like you are having a problem making electrical contact with the MicroSD card. Have you verified the connector pins are seating onto MicroSD contacts and that the card door is securely latched in position?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Try turning the Auto enable to yes and see if your computer sees your BB as a removable drive. If the card is inserted properly but the BB doesn't see it, the PC doesn't see it as a removable drive when the BB is hooked up via USB, and you are able to put things on the card via a different adapter hooked to the pc instead of the BB then I would say there is something wrong with the media card port. I would take it back to T-Mobile for a replacement.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you are on a BES, the memory card slot may have been disabled. Or, you might need to double check that the card slot latch is fully closed

As far as I know, I'm 99.9999% sure that the card is in the slot and is secure. I was afraid that it would be the media port problem, and now I guess I'll have to bring it in for a look.
    Any other possible reasons for this?

P.S. To previous poster, what is BES?
    Last edited by fudownfall; 03-16-2008 at 11:09 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Have you tried the good old battery pull? Sometimes that makes things work when they are acting up........worth a try, that and get that last 0.00001% sureness that will bring it up to 100% sure the card is in properly......
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Tried the battery pull quite a number of times And yeah, I can safely escalate my sureness to 100%.

I'm going to let my friend use my MicroSD to see if it works on his phone and he'll let me use his. I'll update you guys tomorrow.

louisiii no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There is no format option in media card settings, press blackberry(menu) button when on that screen and it should show you a menu with the "format card" option

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    the auto enable mass storage needs to say "yes"

GaryF no está en línea Stack Moderator
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) I know this is not the answer you are looking for but the BB has actually proven to be a bit finicky about what cards are acceptable. If at all possible I would try a Sandisk card. If it works then its the crucial card. If not we need to dig deeper.

That's what I was thinking, but today I let my friend use my microSD and he has a blackberry curve.. and it worked just fine. I think it has to do with the media card port. Anyway, I went to the store today and they are getting me a new one. Hopefully it'll be resolved by then.