Hi everyone, I just got my BB Pearl yesterday and put in my old micro ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

htram516 no está en línea Stack level 1

Micro SD Card issues with BlackBerry Pearl 8100

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I just got my BB Pearl yesterday and put in my old micro sd card from my Motorola SLVR L7. I couldn't get it to work at first, but finally figured it out and had windows reformat it to FAT. I can now view files under the MEDIA APP on the BB, but I have no idea how to transfer files (music, .docs, pictures, videos) from my PC to the SD CARD. Also, when I open up the DRIVE via Windows XP it doesnt show any of the Folders on the SD CARD.. ie..

Blackberry/Pictures
    Blackberry/Music
    Blackberry/Videos
    etc etc

that I CAN see on the BB when I access the card via MEDIA-->Menu-->Explore

Also, I've heard that you can't view .docs with the BB PEARL unless it comes as an attachment, but does anyone know of anyway shareware programs that will allow me to view them?

Secondly, I transferred a picture via Windows Explorer into the SD card but I could not view it on the BB Pearl it also said the file was 0.0KB.

Thirdly, is there a shortcut that one can use to shut down programs on the BB? Kinda like how you do with the Windows task Manager by pressing ctrl+alt+del?

Lastly, where do I go to check what rev. my BB OS is? And where do I go to update it if needed?

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by htram516; 04-17-2007 at 08:25 PM.

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Micro SD Card issues with BlackBerry Pearl 8100

Try formatting the card using the phone.

Shortcut to show apps that are running and switch between them is Alt + ESC or back button.

Check your OS in Options-> Status.

i've tried reformatting with the phone and it says:

Media Card format - Successful!

then..

Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted.

I'm using a SanDisk Transflash card, could that be the problem?

Also, ALT+Escape isnt working for me to check what programs are running...(Im not even sure if i have an escape button, do you mean the return button?)

Hmmm.... I know if you still have your phone connected to the computer it won't allow you to access the card.

And the escape button or back button I am talking about is the one just to the right of the trackball. Hold down Alt(the button in the bottom left corner) and hit the escape button.

Also try a battery pull while the phone is still on. Leave it out for half a minute at least and then put the battery back in. It will automatically turn on. It will take a couple of minutes to boot back up. This fixes little problems you may run into with this device. SoftReset is a program (donate if you like it) that will allow you to reset the phone without having to take the battery out.
    Last edited by b_d0za; 04-18-2007 at 02:23 AM.

Thanks,

The problem I've encountered is that after I get the phone to recognize the SD Card (by formatting it via windows to FAT) when I transfer files onto the SD Card via Windows Explorer, I cant find them on the SD CARD using the Pearl. Nor can I find the Pearl directories via the Windows Explorer (blackberry/pictures, blackberry/videos, etc etc)...

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

As said above format your card in the BB and then use the bb desk top manager to tranfer files ( music/video/pics ) then all should be good !!

Don't use windows to format your card. First make sure your phone is not connected to your computer. With the MicroSD card in your Blackberry Pearl, go to OPTIONS>>>ADVANCED OPTIONS>>MEDIA CARD then hit the MENU button just to the left of the trackball and select FORMAT CARD. Hopefully this should fix your problem. Let us know what happens.

mctommy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e74540

I had this issue before. However I couldn't format through my BB. For some reason after formating in FAT on windows, the BB finally recognized it and put the folders by itself.

thanks, finally got it to work.. apparently i needed to use an actual microsd card not a transflash!