Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hope someone knows how to fix this. I have a micro SD card from kingston ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

l8nitesurfer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF6C73

Micro SD card issues.

Advertisement

hope someone knows how to fix this. I have a micro SD card from kingston 512mb that was working and today I decided that I wanted to format all of the crap off of the card and reload some MP3's. anyways I go in to the options settings and then media card and fortmat the card. the phone after 30 seconds the red light binks and the phone reboots. when the device comes back on it tells me that i need to format the card but it does the same thing over and over again . it also randomly will show the card in the media card section at the botom.

oh almost forgot the card can be formated from the computer without any issues.

thanks!

s.v. 4.2.1.66 platform 2.3.0.57

PIN/ID
    23DF6C73

Re: Micro SD card issues.

anyone have any ideas at all ?????

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

If it formats in the PC fine then it is not the card, so pulling this out of my "thumb", i would run an app loader and try it again. Only thing i can think of is a SW issue and an app loader should take care of it.

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

When you format it on the computer, it still does the same thing when you put it into your pearl?

PIN/ID
    23DF6C73

yes no matter what I do it does the same thing i have even gone back to tmobile os version on there web site. still no help it dosent' reboot but it will not take any data or allow me to format it

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

I dunno what to do you got me stumped. If it is an issue with the phone TMO will make you try to format it in another phone first before any type of exchange. Try that and see if afterwards if you can format it in the pearl.

PIN/ID
    23DF6C73

that would work but I don't have another phone that takes micro sd cards. I will try tonight on my home pc and post back then.

BluT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24192DD3

I would try pulling the card out and reseat it in the phone. Then try a format.

PIN/ID
    23DF6C73

Blut i did try that several times. however when i got home and plug the phone in to the usb port of my laptop the little green light turned to a light blue and the screen turned off. now it wont turn on or do anything. desktop manager wont even find it. Great now i am on my fourth Pearl. what a pain in my ***! I am really starting to hate this phone.

PIN/ID
    23DF6C73

the saga continues i got my fourth pearl into day go tmobile. anyways i poped in the micro sd card and formated it and loaded a few mp3 onto it via the desktop manager about half way throught transfering the 3rd song it pops a general error and kicks me out! i have tried to format the card and even put in my cammera and formated it but the pearl will only let me move maybe on file then it acts like the card is missing. and formating the card works about 50% of the time.

if any one has any ideas that would be great.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Maybe your card is corrupt? Or one of your files?

pedroza no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F123C7
    Is this the same card from the previous pearl? If so get a new one I have a gig scandisk that has been nothing but great. Also make sure your card is set for mass storage device but probably already know that just trying to think of anything. Good luck

PIN/ID
    23DF6C73

i contacted kingston about it i think i will get them to send out a new one. i would be a 2 gig but i heard that there should be 4 gigs on the market in the next year or so.

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro

You seem to be having a bad run of luck! If it is any consolation, we have had about 10 Perls come through since we started supplying them to clients and only one bad so far...

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by l8nitesurfer
    i contacted kingston about it i think i will get them to send out a new one. i would be a 2 gig but i heard that there should be 4 gigs on the market in the next year or so.
    Isn't 2 gig the max the pearl can use?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast