hi guys/gals, i was just wondering if any of you had any problems with switching ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hoshichan no está en línea Stack level 1

micro sd card dead?

Advertisement

hi guys/gals, i was just wondering if any of you had any problems with switching your sd card out from one phone to another. i was using my old cingular sync phone that uses the same memory card as my pearl, all my ringtones and pictures were still on the card when i put it in the sync, but when i put the card back into my pearl, the memory card all of a sudden doesn't read. my pictures, my ringtones, my videos, all of them, gone. =\

anyone else run into this type of problem? could i have possibly damaged my card when switching them from one phone to the other?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: micro sd card dead?

the card needs to be formated for the Pearl.

Pull everything you need off the card. Then stick it in the Pearl then format it then transfer everything back on.

Welcome to the Stacks.

hoshichan no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks! i've been a long time reader, i've just had nothing to say or ask until now. i used to work for cingular but quit a few months ago, so ever since then i've been a little behind on my research on the pearl. but i <3 this device so much.... going from free internet service to paying 30 bucks a month is worth it imo. =)

DrSmile no está en línea Stack level 1

My 2GB card died last week. It doesn't get recognized in the pearl, my camera, or any of my PCs in the adapter. I can't even try to format the card because it never gets recognized as a drive. Anyone else had this happen? Any ideas?

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~never had that happen to me. I know floppys go bad when they come in contact w/ a magnet. Anyway this could have happened?