Hi All, I have had a blackberry for the past 3 years and have just ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

timastyle no está en línea Stack level 2

Micro SD Card and Brick Breaker Questions...

Advertisement

Hi All,

I have had a blackberry for the past 3 years and have just recently gotten a Micro SD card to install in my phone for extra memory. With that said, I constantly get a popup asking something along the lines of "Would you like to turn on Mass Media Storage on? Some files may not be accessible in this mode". What does this mean and should I say yes or no?

Also, I have been addicted to brick breaker since the day I got a blackberry. The problem I am having may be a little unusual. With my other models, I never had this problem, but when I got the Pearl, the ball disappears when playing. It will hit one of the top bricks and ricochet up and disappear or when I have the "catch" and throw it off the side wall at a sharp angle while I'm close to that wall, it disappears. When this happens, I have to end the game and start a new one. It's pretty annoying and I never had a problem with any of the other phones I had. I thought it may be a phone defect, but recently, I got a refurb (another Pearl) through a manufacturer's warranty, and the same thing happens with this one as well. Anyone know the cause/fix for this problem?

Your help is much appreciated!

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Mass Media Storage basically turns your phone into a flash drive on your pc when you plug your phone into it with the USB cord. I set it to on because I like being able to drag and drop things onto my phone as its faster that way ie: music mps's, videos, pics, etc etc. The only time files are not accessible is when you have it plugged into your pc, you just cant access the media folder from your phone until you unplug it from the pc. Then all will be as normal. If you plan to add things to your media card, I would suggest turning it on as it makes life much easier. But its all relative in how you like to do things and what you are used to.

Not sure on the brickbreaker thing, have never had that issue on mine. Only thing i could think is that your memory may be low and you need a battery pull.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    mass media storage is when you connect it to the comp, you have your phone set to ask you first...if you connect it in mass media, then the media manager on desktop manager won't see it, but it's good if you just want to drag and drop. as for brick breaker, I've never seen that happen on my pearl...

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    lovin, you beat me by just seconds...

Thanks for your help...

I don't know of anyone else that has had the problem I have with brickbreaker. I figured SOMEONE in a blackberry forum may have had the same issue. As far as memory or battery pull...memory is fine and the battery has been pulled numerous times, but the problem still persists.

rajm no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same problem the ball disappers in Brick Breaker but no solution to this.

That is almost as annoying as having your score at 650K with 165 lives left and the phone rebooting itself; therefore, losing all the memory...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yeh that would really peess me off too!! I love me a good round of bbreaker!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Mr.Kazaam no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yea i had the same problem with Brick Breaker. Once I hit the ball so many times on the roof of the game, it'll disappear rotfl. I guess its just a bug?

redraisin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2435FB2B
    Yeah I had that problem too except the ball would just get stuck.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    I've had the same BrickBreaker prob, it just disappears! The only thing that's helped me was having the Laser powerup, I was able to destroy the rest of the blocks and the game was normal the next round. Or I've had to restart the game.

So I take it there's no fix to the prob huh?

ernsalas no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just deleted the brick breaker, i couldn't win

moblo55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    i have had the same brickbreaker problem, and it rly got to me when i was trying to beat my high score.............of 10490.....a little aggrivating
    TRUST me...im a pro