I just got a 2 gig stick for my pearl I placed in phone I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ROADDOG no está en línea Stack level 3

Micro SD card

Advertisement

I just got a 2 gig stick for my pearl I placed in phone I open my media manager and moved some ring tones on the stick from my desk top all mp3.

I see them when Imove them but can not find them on the phoe I do see the media on my phone I open the folder and there is nothing on there. Weird. It came with a sd card adapter.

Do I have to plave that card in my pc then to phone HELP Please.

Thanks The card I got is from sandisk 2.0 gig Micro sd /trans flash

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Micro SD card

What folder did you put the mp3s in? If you did not put them in the Music folder then try going to Media, then click the menu button to the left of the trackball and select Explore to try to find them.

Also note that you cannot access the card from the phone if it is still connected to your computer.

If you still can't find them then try formatting the card WITH THE PHONE. Go to Options, Advanced Options, Media Card, hit the Menu button, select Format Card. Note that formatting the card will erase everything from it. You will need to put the mp3s back on it.

ROADDOG no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by b_d0za
    What folder did you put the mp3s in? If you did not put them in the Music folder then try going to Media, then click the menu button to the left of the trackball and select Explore to try to find them.

Also note that you cannot access the card from the phone if it is still connected to your computer.

If you still can't find them then try formatting the card WITH THE PHONE. Go to Options, Advanced Options, Media Card, hit the Menu button, select Format Card. Note that formatting the card will erase everything from it. You will need to put the mp3s back on it.
    Thanks for your help I got it I just did not fully open the folder DUH. I now see al the folders

rchik no está en línea Stack level 1

b_d0za:

Regarding to Micro SD, does it matter what brand it is cuz i have one called "EagleTec" and i used it on my old phone, works fine. For some reason, my 8100 could not read the card. In the DM, it did not even show i have a media card in my phone, but the one that orginally came with the phone " SanDisk" works perferctly fine.

Do you think it is cuz of the brand???

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by rchik
    b_d0za:

Regarding to Micro SD, does it matter what brand it is cuz i have one called "EagleTec" and i used it on my old phone, works fine. For some reason, my 8100 could not read the card. In the DM, it did not even show i have a media card in my phone, but the one that orginally came with the phone " SanDisk" works perferctly fine.

Do you think it is cuz of the brand???
    I'm not sure. Have you tried formatting the card with the phone? Go to Options, Advanced Options, Media Card, then hit the Menu button to the left of the trackball and select Format Card. THIS WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON THE CARD. You MIGHT NOT be able to switch the card between the phones without formatting with the phone you are using.

rchik no está en línea Stack level 1

It works, many thanks man.