my microphone gave out this morning which pisses me off. First off, is there any ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

monKeh_ no está en línea Stack level 1

mic problems

Advertisement

my microphone gave out this morning which pisses me off. First off, is there any I can make sure my mic is sure dead? My girlfriend said I could restore the previous software and theres a chance it would work. Second, is there a chance that I'll get a replacement at a cheap price? (Without Warranty vs. With Warranty?)

ssjason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243e1873

Re: mic problems

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Do you have a warrenty or not? Cuz if you do your carrier should replace it at no cost to you.

monKeh_ no está en línea Stack level 1

I don't have a warranty.

krriiisstiiinaa no está en línea Stack level 1

same thing happened to me. the only thing that worked was putting a call on speakerphone or using a headset.

i have at&t and told them my problem. they said i could do two things. i don't have warranty for it but for some reason i could have it replaced free of charge. however, if they test it and see that it was due to things like water damage then i would be charged around $200 or so. i knew that it was not due to water damage. with at&t i think it was covered because it had been within a 90 day warranty period. the other option was to reset the phone cause they said that sometimes worked. i reset it, and it didn't work. so i just sent it in because it was covered and that was my only other option. i received it literally the next day. all you have to do is return the phone so that they can run tests and figure out what happened.

hope this helps.