I am a day new to the blackberry pearl (any blackberry that is...) and I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

supersilly no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Messaging Problems

Advertisement

I am a day new to the blackberry pearl (any blackberry that is...) and I cannot figure out an efficient way to handle my emails. I have two email accounts set up, and these emails get bombarded with junk, so I tried to set up a filter, but the "email filter" option does not show up? Does anyone else have this problem?

Also, when I look at emails on my computer that I have already read, it will resend them to my pearl.

Lastly, I have T-Mobile, and it appears as if something is getting charged as text messages. I'm using google talk and aim and emailing... but none of that should be charged as text messages right? How does that work??

Help me please??

enderokc no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Messaging Problems

Quote Originally Posted by supersilly
    I am a day new to the blackberry pearl (any blackberry that is...) and I cannot figure out an efficient way to handle my emails. I have two email accounts set up, and these emails get bombarded with junk, so I tried to set up a filter, but the "email filter" option does not show up? Does anyone else have this problem?

Also, when I look at emails on my computer that I have already read, it will resend them to my pearl.

Lastly, I have T-Mobile, and it appears as if something is getting charged as text messages. I'm using google talk and aim and emailing... but none of that should be charged as text messages right? How does that work??

Help me please??
    From what I have seen, The filters are set up though the mytmobile website, you need to log in and find the "Setup blackberry email" link from there you can set up as many filters as you like.

I know for a fact that AIM uses text messages, I am not sure on Google Talk but I am sure they use the same type of system.

I hope that helps with some of your questions

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

I'm not sure about Google Talk, but AIM would be considered (I believe) text messaging... as well as yahoo. You need to call Tmo and get unlimited text messaging on your account to avoid these charges.

As for emails...

What program are you using? is it your web based email or are you using Outlook/Express? I'm not much of a filter person, that is why I have Spam protector on my computer, emails go thru my pc, then sent on to my BB... so hopefully someone can help you out here
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

That must me it... sucks that AIM counts as text messages. If anyone knows about google, let me know?

Thanks for the email filters, I just set them up... hopefully that will help! [The emails do not count as texts do they??]

Quote Originally Posted by JadedBerry
    What program are you using? is it your web based email or are you using Outlook/Express? I'm not much of a filter person, that is why I have Spam protector on my computer, emails go thru my pc, then sent on to my BB... so hopefully someone can help you out here
    I'm using gmail and a school email w/ outlook. The problem I'm having is with my school email... where I read or reply to an email, and it will resend it to my BB. My ITSD has no idea why that happens...

enderokc no está en línea Stack level 2

I only use gmail, but when I first set it up and i sent out an email from my BB, I would get a copy of my sent msg back to my BB. What I did was set up a filter where any emails from myself would not get send to my BB. and that worked. you might want to give that a try.

oh and No, email does not count as text messages

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

check out downloading RambleIM. you use AIM through it, and it uses data instead of text messages. so if you don't want to pay extra for text, download that. its free too!

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    check out downloading RambleIM. you use AIM through it, and it uses data instead of text messages. so if you don't want to pay extra for text, download that. its free too!
    Oh.. cool! But I keep getting a message when I try to log on: "Invalid connection string - open tunnel" any idea what that means?

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

try going to options >> advanced >> TCP

and after APN, put in wap.voicestream.com

jonnyg75 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by supersilly
    I'm using gmail and a school email w/ outlook. The problem I'm having is with my school email... where I read or reply to an email, and it will resend it to my BB. My ITSD has no idea why that happens...
    I resolved the same problem by moving from IMAP to POP3, see my thread Email/BIS Forum called "duplicate messages from bis"

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~google talk only uses data and ramble is good for s free aim client but it will start to lag if you have a bunch of conversations goin on

annpar67 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEC422
    Hello

annpar67 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEC422
    I am so new to this bb pearl.I think I got the gang of this I left this message 7x but don't know where I need some help PLEASE HELP I downloaded bb messenger and the icon does not appear on my bb. Everytime I get someone asking me 2 add their pin # to be friends I can't.I know I downloaded it because its in my applications on my bb. How can I get my icon everthing. I get goes 2 my email on my bb.SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. Ann

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by annpar67
    I am so new to this bb pearl.I think I got the gang of this I left this message 7x but don't know where I need some help PLEASE HELP I downloaded bb messenger and the icon does not appear on my bb. Everytime I get someone asking me 2 add their pin # to be friends I can't.I know I downloaded it because its in my applications on my bb. How can I get my icon everthing. I get goes 2 my email on my bb.SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. Ann
    my BB messenger icon is hidden under the folder titled 'APPLICATIONS'...maybe it's there?