Hello there, I recently purchased the pearl (2 days ago). I was recieving text messages ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE

Messaging

Advertisement

Hello there, I recently purchased the pearl (2 days ago). I was recieving text messages perfectly yesterday, and this morning. Now i recieve only messages from advertisements, this website, and apple. Friends, managers, and coworkers texts do not come through. Please understand i just got this phone and am not exactly familiar with it. I'm sure its just some little thing that i cant get my fingers on. ANY help will be greatly appreciated.

I also tried shutting off the phone "resetting" it as most would say and also have read through the troubleshooting on the phone. I did put some 20 second ringtones on the phone earlier today not sure if that effected it any...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    labevlol, Welcome to PinStack.

Were those ringtones you put on from a commercial ringtone site? If so that is probably the source of all the Ad type SMS messages. I really don't know what to say about removing/stopping them.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    Hello thank you very much for the response. No they were from my personal computer. I did read something about the sim card not having enough memory to hold sms messages?? Im just confused why i get these other messages and not messages from other phones. Right when i signed on to this website i received four text messages from this website. Absolutely no delay. My messages box and call log are also cleared on their own which i know has already been discusssed in other threads... thank you for the response

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    Hello, i did solve my problem. i "reset" the device again. plugged it back into my computer not sure why but i just did. anyway it cleared up my issues... and regarding those messages from this website, apple etc... totally slipped my mind that i had registered my email with the pearl. (duh... ill say my excuse is my cold) Thanks for all your ideas and help...