I recently discovered an issue with my Blackberry - from time to time, my SMS ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

IOAFreak13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Messages Disappearing?

I recently discovered an issue with my Blackberry - from time to time, my SMS messages completely disappear. What's odd is that my E-Mail messages from all of my accounts remain. There is no set pattern to this, it just ups and vanishes. This typically occurs when I receive new message, all of the SMS (including the new message) disappear.

I have checked all of my settings and have set the messages to delete after 30 days. This does not seem to be the case and I can't help but think its a glitch.

Has anyone had or heard of this problem? Is there a way to fix it? It becomes extremely agrravating.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    Ask Me!

Re: Messages Disappearing?

This is a known issue. This usually happens when the Phone memory is very low. What you should get into the habit of doing is the battery pull either daily or every other day. While the phone is on remove the battery. Wait 30 seconds and replace the battery. You also have to make sure that you exit the programs correctly otherwise they are still running in the background. You can see what you still have open by hitting the "ALT" and "BACK" button together.

Hope this helps!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask

Re: Messages Disappearing?

It might also help to remove any unused Language Support packages also. They take up a lot of memory and if you don't need and foriegn Language support just waste space.

hope this helps.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles