This morning, for whatever reason, I noticed that messages and calls from my phone were ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

StatFreak101 no está en línea Stack level 2

Messages/Calls disappearing

Advertisement

This morning, for whatever reason, I noticed that messages and calls from my phone were disappearing off of their respective logs.

I would send a text SMS and it would show up for a few minutes...and then it would disappear...same as calls that I would make.

This just began happening this morning so I am wondering if I hit something on accident that made this occur, or what.

Thanks in advance.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    You are out of memory. If you don't already have one, get a memory card and store all pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it instead of the phone. You will also want to pull the battery once a week or so to clear the memory out of temporary files and incorrectly shut down software.

Zo

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    check this thread out
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    That was exactly what I was going to say...

~via smartphone~

StatFreak101 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    You are out of memory. If you don't already have one, get a memory card and store all pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it instead of the phone. You will also want to pull the battery once a week or so to clear the memory out of temporary files and incorrectly shut down software.

Zo
    I already have a memory card...and have a very limited amount of pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on my phone.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by StatFreak101 View Post
    I already have a memory card...and have a very limited amount of pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on my phone.
    Your memory card is a totally different thing compared to whatever you may have stored on your onboard phone memory. If you've saved music/pics/ringtones in your phone's memory (not your memory card) your phone itself; it will definitely cause this to happen. Next, if you have a lot of themes stored on your device, it will also cause this. Also, try to clean your cache in your browser as often as possible. Hope this helps...
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

asif9t9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Check your free memory. Go to options, status.

~via smartphone~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I think a lot of Blackberry users don't realize that storing all these texts and calls can eat up memory. I am constantly deleting messages and clearing my call logs. I have only like four saved messages in its own folder-it really helps keep you Berry a lean machine. ~via 9000~

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    I think a lot of Blackberry users don't realize that storing all these texts and calls can eat up memory. I am constantly deleting messages and clearing my call logs. I have only like four saved messages in its own folder-it really helps keep you Berry a lean machine. ~via 9000~
    I second that... I usually don't have more than a day or two worth of emails / sms ( usually under 100 total)... And I like to do a battery pull once every 3ish days as a matter of routine...

It really does make a difference... Plus, I haven't seen the memory cleaner app make much of a difference either...

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I store thousands of emails in folders syncing with my BES because of work. The email doesn't take up much space. I have probably 5000 emails total (required to keep certain things) and it only takes up 3 MB of data on my device memory. It's never been a problem. I do clear text messages and call logs though, and those really are not necessary after a few days.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Hmm... Have you checked how much available memory you have on your device?

Tried a battery pull to relieve some memory drain?

Let's start with checking your available memory from "status" or "memory" under options and let us know...

mike0420 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EEFBC2
    Most of you are somewhat correct...it is a memory issue but its not corrected that easily. I had the same problem with my 8100 from T-Mobile. After sending back 2 phones for doing the same thing I updated my OS to the most recent 4.5 OS. And vvwala!....it never happened again and its been at least 9 months with no more random deleting. I'm assuming you are still running the originally installed 4.2 or 4.3 OS. Try updating your OS and see if that helps.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by mike0420 View Post
    Most of you are somewhat correct...it is a memory issue but its not corrected that easily. I had the same problem with my 8100 from T-Mobile. After sending back 2 phones for doing the same thing I updated my OS to the most recent 4.5 OS. And vvwala!....it never happened again and its been at least 9 months with no more random deleting. I'm assuming you are still running the originally installed 4.2 or 4.3 OS. Try updating your OS and see if that helps.
    yes, updating the OS is covered in the thread that catstide recommended above

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via smartphone~

How many applications are running on the phone? And are they running in the background?

I had to learn that I couldn't store as many games and apps as I wanted if I wanted to keep over 10 MB of device space. I only have 4 games and about 10 apps and I'm constantly at or above 10 MB.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 02-18-2009 at 02:04 AM.

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    This happened to me....but I lost all my emails instead of the call log and Texts...my memory isn't low either..it is at 32mb...what is going on?