Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i keep having an issue with all my messages and phone log being erased. i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cosmicjim no está en línea Stack level 1

Messages and Phone Log erases

Advertisement

i keep having an issue with all my messages and phone log being erased. i checked the status of the phone and the file free was zero ... could the loss of data be the result of the memory being full? But that doesnt really make sense ... why doesnt it just keep the existing data?

i erased all my pictures ... so we'll see if this solves the problem.

anyone else have this problem?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Messages and Phone Log erases

What you are experiencing is the first stages of a full memory...

To try and answer your question, I am not sure if the OS has a specific order on what to delete or why to delete certain items in any particular order once memory starts to fill up.

There are a few things that you can do though to try and salvage some memory on your device.

First, delete all messages that you don't need any longer.

Then go to into your mailboxes, and purge all the deleted items out of them.

You can also go into your mailbox, go to view folder and delete out any old messages that are sitting around in there.

Any unused applications (IE BrickBreaker, Help, Tasks, etc) anything that is not important, can be deleted off of your device.

And if you don't need to use certificates, go into your security settings and delete all of the security settings out of it.

Also, go into your browser cache and clear out some of that old stuff too.

Let us know if you need additional help.

cosmicjim no está en línea Stack level 1

ok, that's a relief ... i thought the device was broken

i guess i'll just go and clear out more pictures i left on the device memory.

thanks for your help

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

No problem...

Keep an eye on it though...If it persists, then there is the possibility of a memory leak, which sometimes can be fixed by a reload of the OS, however most times out of not needs to be replaced.

soundspeed no está en línea Stack level 1

I've been complaining of this happening on my pearl since I got it. So memory can't be the issue, and even if it was why would having a near full memory cause the message and phone log to be cleared. I would call this an issue with this phone. The times I've noticed it happening are, if I remove the battery, and if I connect to desktop to load program or syncronize.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    i've had this happen twice recently, so i'm guessing it is the memory.

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Then go to into your mailboxes, and purge all the deleted items out of them.
    how do i purge the deleted messages in my folder? i can't find a deleted folder...?

Any unused applications (IE BrickBreaker, Help, Tasks, etc) anything that is not important, can be deleted off of your device.
    how do i delete these? do i go into the desktop manager or what? (i know, this is kind of a newbie question, sorry)

And if you don't need to use certificates, go into your security settings and delete all of the security settings out of it.
    when would i need to use certificates? if i don't use them, how do i go about deleting these?

thanks for the help!!

PIN/ID
    Retired
    no one...??

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by N8DBB

how do i delete these? do i go into the desktop manager or what? (i know, this is kind of a newbie question, sorry)
    You can use desktop manager and just select the apps you dont want, and it should uninstall them, or you can go into options, advanced, and you should see applications, and you can delete them from there.

pinkds no está en línea Stack level 1
    THat happened to me too but I still had about 1mb of memory left when everything just erased for no reason. I would think that is enough that it wouldn't just erase everything...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    1 mb on a 64 meg device is getting pretty close to the limits. That might be the trip point on the pearl.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mww
    mww no está en línea Stack level 1
    In terms of deleting applications etc to free up memory - is there any benefit (or reason not to) in deleting the various languages under INPUT SUPPORT?

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    it is cool that there all all these great programs out there that are really helpful but what sux is that the phones only h ave enough memory to support the OS and additional programs included with the OS and just a little left to be occupied by your address book, memos calender entries etc etc. Maybe rim should catch up witht he rest of the PDA market and start adding 1 gig atleast Current BB start around 64MB and anything less is almost useless really if one seeks to do more than just what is listed above.

Szadzik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E23EA8
    Quote Originally Posted by jhowle
    it is cool that there all all these great programs out there that are really helpful but what sux is that the phones only h ave enough memory to support the OS and additional programs included with the OS and just a little left to be occupied by your address book, memos calender entries etc etc. Maybe rim should catch up witht he rest of the PDA market and start adding 1 gig atleast Current BB start around 64MB and anything less is almost useless really if one seeks to do more than just what is listed above.
    It is not the problem of internal memory. There are not many phones having more internal memory than 64MB. The problem is with using the MicroSD cards. Most phone with operating system allow to install applications on the Multimedia card and not only in phones memory. That is how the problem of memory is solved.
    If BB Pearl allowed you to install apps on memory card there would be no internal memory clogging.
    Phone Tales:
    OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pear + Axim x51v

PIN/ID
    Retired
    does anyone know what are the larger applications...?

i don't want to delete the apps, if i don't have to. but i'm willing to delete the brickbreaker, help, tasks and some others. is there a way to find out how much memory they take and would clear up??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast