Hi I am new to Pinstack. I got my Blackberry 2 weeks ago but it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE

Question Message on Desktop

Advertisement

Hi I am new to Pinstack.

I got my Blackberry 2 weeks ago but it was faulty and it was replaced today. In the meantime I was asked to backup everything using the software that came with the Blackberry. I did this and when the new Blackberry arrived today I restored everything back to my phone.

I have all my email boxes appearing on the desk top and when there are new emails a small yellow folder appears with a star and the number of emails I have (plus each mailbox has a red star next to it). I have gone into each box and opened emails and deleted etc but this folder is still appearing with the number one and a red star next to it telling me I have one more message somewhere. Ther is nothing in any of my email boxes. How do I get rid of this please it is really annoying me thinking I have an unread message somewhere.

Thanks
    Sher

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey Sherobin! Welcome to PinStack! Do you by chance have any folders hidden? From the home screen, press the BB menu button (to the left of the trackball) and scroll to Show All. Press that and see if a hidden folder shows up.

You can also open a Messages folder, press the BB menu button, scroll to View Folder where you'll see a list of folders you can go through to see if something isn't in one of those.

If all else fails, a battery pull might just get rid of that pesky little indicator!

Roger

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Hey RoGro

Gosh I am so thick. Yes I had my "Messages" folder hidden and there was a message in there. Not even going to ask how it went there and not into one of my boxes. The fact that the pesky thing has now gone is a relief.

Thanks again

Sher

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    LOL! No worries, Sher. Glad you got it sorted out.

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    Lol. I had that happen to me when I first got my BB. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    And sometimes your emails will stick if you get a large quantity of them and if you hit your applications key and then hit mark all read it will fix it to, most of the time I believe.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~