Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have the message indicator still showing 2 messages even after I have deleted them. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jkois no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C0FE6

Smile Message Indicator won't go away

Advertisement

I have the message indicator still showing 2 messages even after I have deleted them. Also got a red star on the call logging icon that used to go away after viewing or deleting the new calls. This has not been a problem until recently. I could get the indicator and red star to go away by deleting the messages or calls in the log.
    I think I have read something about this in another thread but don't know where I saw it. Anyone, HELP!!!

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165
    I'm not real familiar with the pearl, not having one, but the first thing I would try with my 8700 is to take the battery out for 20-30 sec then put the battery back in and see if that fixes it. Also here's a post, read the fix by Lewis and see if that works:http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...indicator.html

Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

PIN/ID
    204C0FE6
    Thanks jadedberry, I have done a soft and hard re-boot, to no avail. no solution for me at the link provided.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    204C0FE6
    cp6169 sounds like you helped out alot of people, but it didn't fix my problem. still have the number 2 and tilted handset icon with a plus sign just below the battery indicator. my messages folder and call log folder is completely empty. also should there be a red star on the handset icon for the call log app? i can't remember it being there all the time, thought it went away after viewing the call log folder. thanks for the help.

PIN/ID
    204C0FE6
    is the icon next to battery indicator a missed call indicator that shows how many? I called my phone and didn't answer and the number 2 changed to 3. then i went to the message folder, deleted the missed call and the number changed back to 2. there are no other missed calls saved on the phone but the indicator still shows 2. also the red star on the call log app icon went away when i deleted the missed call message. now only if i could get rid of that pesky little number 2 and handset icon.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jkois
    is the icon next to battery indicator a missed call indicator that shows how many? I called my phone and didn't answer and the number 2 changed to 3. then i went to the message folder, deleted the missed call and the number changed back to 2. there are no other missed calls saved on the phone but the indicator still shows 2. also the red star on the call log app icon went away when i deleted the missed call message. now only if i could get rid of that pesky little number 2 and handset icon.
    What OS are you running on the Pearl?
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

PIN/ID
    204C0FE6
    I7oobie, 4.2.0.42, t-mobile.

rgottsch no está en línea Stack level 1

Same here

I have the same problem here. Seems to be a problem with the Lotus notes Replication. If the message is already read on Lotus Notes it filters down as read to the Blackberry. They show up as new messages, but I cannot mark them read, as they already are read.
    I have already 16 messages unread although everything is marked read.

Also have t-mobile software on it (4.2.0.51). Have found no solution yet (making the messages unread on Lotus Notes increases the unread messages count at the next reconciliation).

PIN/ID
    204C0FE6
    rgottsch, where did you get os 4.2.0.51? i went to t-mobile website and 4.2.0.42 is the only one available.

T-Mobile Austria, seems to be for Europe only

updateservice.t-mobile.net/blackberry/login.do

PIN/ID
    204C0FE6
    thanks much

jxk
    jxk no está en línea Stack level 1
    are you sure they aren't the welcome messages that come on the phone? as a dealer i see a lot of people come in with that problem and they just didn't scroll all the way to the bottom to see them.

PIN/ID
    204C0FE6
    jxk, yes i'm sure. it's gone now. i restored to an earlier backup date, that didn't help so i restored back to the one i had, that didn't help either. left the phone on my desk and went to a meeting, got back had a new missed call, viewed the call, deleted it and walla, it's gone. glitches, don't ya just hate them???

Thumbs down

not with me unfortunately, I am at 21 unread messages with no unread messages to be seen. Oh my, seems to be a bug in the software and I have to wait for an update.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast