Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

I have a email message icon that wont go away in the top left of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    beav626's Avatar
    beav626 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    267

    Message icon wont go away

    Advertisement



    I have a email message icon that wont go away in the top left of my screen...

    I do not have any messages in my inbox. All my saved messages are opened. How do I get rid of this?

  2. #2
    lucky13mt's Avatar
    lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Posts
    2,818
    Are you looking in the "Messages" folder or the "SMS/MMS" folder?
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

  3. #3
    beav626's Avatar
    beav626 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    Are you looking in the "Messages" folder or the "SMS/MMS" folder?
    yes, I did a search for all unopened messages and cleared those out, but I still show 1 unopened message.

  4. #4
    Mclane's Avatar
    Mclane no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    250358AA
    Posts
    25
    which OS are you running on your BB ?

  5. #5
    beav626's Avatar
    beav626 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    267
    Latest 4.5
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  6. #6
    cwax's Avatar
    cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    Posts
    4,513
    go into messages, highlight todays date, click the menu and choose Mark Prior opened




  7. #7
    drew4flt72's Avatar
    drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    520
    .....if you've resent your service books recently, it's probably the "activation" email. Go to menu and check "show all".

  8. #8
    bsjmcconnell's Avatar
    bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by cwax View Post
    go into messages, highlight todays date, click the menu and choose Mark Prior opened
    If that fails do a backup of your device to your PC

    then go on your BB to:

    Options>Security Options>General Settings> hit your BB menu key and select Wipe Handheld, Dont wipe your third party apps, but just all of your call and message logs.....then restore your backup file and PRESTO!!!
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes


  9. #9
    beav626's Avatar
    beav626 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    267
    I went into the email menu and there is no option to show all.

  10. #10
    lucky13mt's Avatar
    lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Posts
    2,818
    An easier way to get rid of it (if there is a message you can't find) is to clear the database.

    Open desktop manager with your BB connected>Backup/Restore>Advanced>Find messages in the right column>Highlight it>Click clear.

    That should get rid of ALL your messages on your BB.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

  11. #11
    beav626's Avatar
    beav626 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    An easier way to get rid of it (if there is a message you can't find) is to clear the database.

    Open desktop manager with your BB connected>Backup/Restore>Advanced>Find messages in the right column>Highlight it>Click clear.

    That should get rid of ALL your messages on your BB.


    I just did this and it shows 0 messages in the desktop manager.

    However the icon is still on my phone with 2 opened messages in my inbox.

  12. #12
    bsjmcconnell's Avatar
    bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by beav626 View Post
    I just did this and it shows 0 messages in the desktop manager.

    However the icon is still on my phone with 2 opened messages in my inbox.

    You need to wipe the BB with the option under

    Options>Security Options>General Options>BB Menu Key>Wipe Handheld

    I had this happen last week and it worked great, Just be sure to back-up your data BEFORE you do it then restore it back.
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes


  13. #13
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    This is an e-mail message icon and not a missed call icon, correct?

  14. #14
    sjb4's Avatar
    sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    113
    Did you try a bettery pull? I had the same issue using the same OS yesterday. The email message icon remained even though I read and deleted all messages (I don't store any messages on my phone). A battery pull for a few minutes did the trick for me.

  15. #15
    beav626's Avatar
    beav626 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    This is an e-mail message icon and not a missed call icon, correct?
    Correct

    Quote Originally Posted by sjb4 View Post
    Did you try a bettery pull? I had the same issue using the same OS yesterday. The email message icon remained even though I read and deleted all messages (I don't store any messages on my phone). A battery pull for a few minutes did the trick for me.

    I will ty this again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •