One of the new features of the flip was that when you get a new ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

happyhoppy no está en línea Stack level 1

Message doesn't automatically open ?

Advertisement

One of the new features of the flip was that when you get a new message and you open the flip it automatically takes you to the message without having to click on the relevant icon on the home page.

At first this worked fine, now it doesn't anyone know how I get it back ? Does it only work with a given theme, I have it set to Zen currently.

Thanks.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to PinStack, happy! Or at least congrats on your first post in almost two years!

I believe the message opens automatically if it's the only one. If there are multiple messages, then it doesn't do the automatic thing. At least that seems to be my experience.

Cheers,
    Roger

Thanks for your reply, yes I am not one for forums unless I need some help, sorry !

I love BB and this flip is the best phone I have ever had.

However, I can't get it t open any message whether it is a sole message/email or numerous, most of the time it is a single message.

Since, I have done the battery in/out and that has solved it but I hate little annoying bugs like that.

I was showing this feature off yesterday to an iphone guy and you can imagine how chuffed he was with this bug !

Well, some people call this a feature and others call it an annoyance! To each their own!

I don't believe there is a setting for this, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
    Roger

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    My experience has been that the message opens automatically if you catch it almost immediately when it comes in (ie when it's still showing on the display on the outside). But if you don't catch it quickly, then it doesn't open automatically.

Don't know if that is the case for everyone or if that helps....

^^^ I agree with this statement as well!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct View Post
    My experience has been that the message opens automatically if you catch it almost immediately when it comes in (ie when it's still showing on the display on the outside). But if you don't catch it quickly, then it doesn't open automatically.

Don't know if that is the case for everyone or if that helps....
    That seems to be bang on.

Thanks for your help guys.

I should hang around...............

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    Also if you are previewing it on the external screen and then open the flip, it usually takes me right to the message...