Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I "did" dl BBalerts from Handango to try out now that I think about it, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lighterlung no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3183FFAB

Advertisement

I "did" dl BBalerts from Handango to try out now that I think about it, and it wasn't an OTA download. I had to create a folder on my PC to download it there then extracted the zip file to the same folder. The result was an ALX., and COD. file, then it installed through Desktop Manager.
    Can't figure out how there was a zip file through the above "jad" link.
    I know, it seems like alot of trouble now, but have patience. I'm a newbie to this stuff, I've only had my Pearl for a couple of months, and I'm finding out an awful lot of stuff through trial, and error. Doing things on the phone just takes different procedure then I'm used to.

LL

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    I tried what you suggested and found it on my card, there is no part where it says download though, it just says "unable to display file" when i click on it???? I just noticed it's a zip file?? I'm lost.
    Unzip the file onto your PC Desktop. Connect your phone to your PC with the USB. Run Desktop Manager and Application Loader. At the application loader menu, click the "Add" button. Browse the menu over to the Desktop, open the BBAlerts folder, and click on the .alx file inside. Click "OK" and run App Loader.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Gumby no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    Unzip the file onto your PC Desktop. Connect your phone to your PC with the USB. Run Desktop Manager and Application Loader. At the application loader menu, click the "Add" button. Browse the menu over to the Desktop, open the BBAlerts folder, and click on the .alx file inside. Click "OK" and run App Loader.

Ok everything went ok until the last step after i click on the .alx file and i'm supposed to click on "ok" but there is no "ok" just "open" which when i click on it, it tells me there are no other applications available for the phone.

Gumby no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ah ha, i got it to work, i did a little research and downloaded the software to my pc and it worked graet! Thanks for the quick replys and info, this forum is great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12