Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just got my a new Pearl and pretty much have everything figured out on it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Gumby no está en línea Stack level 2

Message alert light...

Advertisement

Just got my a new Pearl and pretty much have everything figured out on it but i have a question about the alert light. When i miss a call/pin/text etc my message light flashes red as it should but it only does it for approx. 10 minutes. I'm not always watching my phone so sometimes i have to keep bringing the screen "back to life" to see if anyone has phoned etc after the 10 minutes. Is there any way i can extend the alert light time? It is a pain to keep poking a button as opposed to just looking at the alert light to see if i have a message etc. Thanks!

jayjay7411 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3189BF5E
    I do not think there is a way to i also own a blackberry 8130 and mine also stays lit for approx. the same amount of time but doesn't really bother me i never really have my phone on silent. But would be nice if you could make it longer.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~humm that's a new one to me mine flashes till I answer it lol I'll have to look around

akira751 no está en línea Stack level 2
    You need blackberry alerts.

Quote Originally Posted by akira751 View Post
    You need blackberry alerts.

What's Blackberry alerts?

akira751 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    What's Blackberry alerts?
    Its a program that changes the color of your LED to let you know what you missed ex: missed email my LED flashes in green. Check out the free trial

http://bbymel.servebbs.com/latest/BlackBerryAlerts.jad

So does anyone here have it? Basically i need to know if the led will continue to flash until i "wake up" my phone. I'm not too concerned with the audiable alerts.

Ok, so i downloaded the trial version from the link above, but how the heck do i get it on my phone? When i use the Blackberry Application loader it can't find or says the file won't work. Any ideas? Thanks

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    So does anyone here have it? Basically i need to know if the led will continue to flash until i "wake up" my phone. I'm not too concerned with the audiable alerts.
    Yes it will flash until you wake up your phone. The app has customizable settings so you can set it to your liking. Great app.
    I've used it since it first came out and it's well worth the purchase price.

Ok, so i downloaded the trial version from the link above, but how the heck do i get it on my phone? When i use the Blackberry Application loader it can't find or says the file won't work. Any ideas? Thanks
    That's because the link is an OTA download link. .jad files are OTA downloads, DM won't recognize a .jad file.
    You need to navigate to this via your BB browser, or you can go to
    Handango.com which has the app available for download/purchase.

I downloaded that handago thing on my phone, but Blackberry alerts is not listed under anything there and there is no search function that i could find. I tried going to other places but had no luck. It kinda sucks that i'm trying to buy it and i can't now!

sunpod no está en línea Stack level 1
    I downloaded this a few days ago and can't get the program to work. The only alert that worked was a missed text... and that only worked for a day. What I really need it to alert me on is missed calls &/or voicemail..

Anyone have any suggestions??

TIA!!

Gumby - to download this program, you have to go to the website (from your pearl) that akira751 posted previously.

I can't re-post that link because I'm not a level 2 user.

Ok i fought trying to get it downloaded and finally got the demo version to try out but it says its on my memory card but how do i access it to open it or load it??? This seems like a lot of messing around to get a simple little thing like my light to stay flashing until i get my messages etc Thanks!

lighterlung no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3183FFAB
    Whenever I try to see if I can load an app from my memory card, I gotta go to the media app, open it, open the menu, click on explore, then navigate to where I put it, click on it, then there ought to be a dialog that comes up that says download, click on that, and hopefully it'll load. I've only had about a 50% success rate loading apps that way. I think it's because of the size...

LL

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I'm just glad my does or I'd never get any sleep lol

Quote Originally Posted by lighterlung View Post
    Whenever I try to see if I can load an app from my memory card, I gotta go to the media app, open it, open the menu, click on explore, then navigate to where I put it, click on it, then there ought to be a dialog that comes up that says download, click on that, and hopefully it'll load. I've only had about a 50% success rate loading apps that way. I think it's because of the size...

LL
    I tried what you suggested and found it on my card, there is no part where it says download though, it just says "unable to display file" when i click on it???? I just noticed it's a zip file?? I'm lost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast