I have had a Pearl about 7 months and have had little problem until recently. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dfguild no está en línea Stack level 1

Menu items being selected by themselves.

Advertisement

I have had a Pearl about 7 months and have had little problem until recently. I just had to swap out with a warrentee repair because the T/Y key was sticking and had to be pressed harder and differently then every other key. My new phone ( I believe it is a refurb) was working fine for a week or so. In the last day or so it has become almost unusable. When I open an email or scroll around the menus, items just get selected seamingly randomn. Things just start flying around so fast I can't even see what is happening. I have done a hard restart (pulling the battery) and things are no better. It almost looks like the trackball is super sensative to selecting, but I'm definitely not selecting and when I do I feel the distinctive click. It doesn't happen all the time, but more often than not. The last couple mornings it has worked fine but has been really bad later in the day. I am running the 107 version of the O/S (which I've really liked the call quality on).

My only thoughts are a virus or the select function on the trackball is sticking (doesn't feel like it) and choosing a bunch of selects. When the keyboard is locked I watch the screen light up for no reason like keys are being hit. Any thoughts? How might I debug?

Dave
    Last edited by dfguild; 09-23-2007 at 08:30 PM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Menu items being selected by themselves.

Dave I would just get another pearl...sound like they gave you a bad refurb.

Just my thoughts. It looks like you've done all you can to trouble shoot the problem. I would call CS and ask for a new one.

Welcome to the Stacks. Let us know how it goes.

idh
    idh no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Menu items being selected by themselves.

I have this problem too. Did you solve it or did you get a new phone?
    Ian