Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i just wanna know if this is a good amount of FREE SPACE to have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

memory question

Advertisement

i just wanna know if this is a good amount of FREE SPACE to have 7510420 bytes

i have alot of apps n games and i just dont wanna encounter any problems later on...

i delete my messages 3 or 4 times a day

i clear my cache 3 times a week

and i do a battery pull 1 or 2 times a week

is this good?

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~7 megabytes is not bad but I prefer to keep more like twice that much. For me its all about performance so it depends on how much you use it and if it drags butt or responds slowly then I would say you need more if not then 7 megs might work for you.
    Hope this helped...

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3
    that translates to 7mb (7.510.420). Anything above 12mb is best.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yeah I think that 7.5 mb is a little low. A good overall way to clean alot of junk is number 1 clean your call log (L-G-L-G while pressing the alt key). Then use the cleaner app inside the OS. Options>security options>general settings>enable content protection (it will ask to enable a password- enable it) Then exit out to the home screen. Then you go to options>security options>general settings and you'll see "memory cleaning" added to the list. Use this memory cleaner about once every 2 weeks and it will help. To disable this feature you just disable content protection, enter the password and you're back to where you started just alot cleaner. any questions just ask

Brolly991 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have a memory card and I am trying to move programs on to it to free up space on my phone. How can this be done and are you even able to run programs from a memory card?

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    No you can't run apps/programs from a memory card. There have been some 3rd party apps that claim to allow this, but everything I've read about them is that they don't work.

rbn85 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24538FBF
    I have 20500816 Bytes of free space. I deleted all the pics that came in the phone that saved me a lot of memory. Look around the site theres a thread that explains you how to do this. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I tried to do that and none of the pics were deleted. They're still on the BB.

PIN/ID
    24538FBF
    Really??? Thats weird i dont have any pics on my phone.U should try it again. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask
    i tried to delete PTT n all the pix on my phone but i get nowhere with it
    i followed a thread on how to delete all that unwanted stuff, but i get stuck n pissed so i stop trying..

either way, im upgrading soon and i wanna know.....does the 8110 support a 4gig card?

tylerscott20 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Yes the it should support a 4gig card

PIN/ID
    ask
    yes!!!..thanx ty.

i think that once i get the 8110 and add all my apps n games n settings...im gonna stick with that phone for life.lol..

i have my 8100 pearl exactly how i would want a phone to be, with every feature you would want...but the 8110 has wut im missing (GPS, video recording)...once i get that...im BB for LIFE!!!lol (sounds like im paying homage to a gang.lol-Orale' vato...BLACKBERRY FOR LIFE homes!.lol)

sorry..one of those moments

sorry if i offended any mexicans.lol..didnt mean to

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by RayZ View Post
    No you can't run apps/programs from a memory card. There have been some 3rd party apps that claim to allow this, but everything I've read about them is that they don't
    work.
    I am using an app that runs from memory card and works great. It all depends on the app as an example the Noah bible reader program I am using is on the BB but the 5 books I use for the program are on the memory card and they take the vast majority of the space used by program. I love it because it frees up space to keep me running @ optimal and still let's me use the program.

PIN/ID
    24538FBF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    i tried to delete PTT n all the pix on my phone but i get nowhere with it
    i followed a thread on how to delete all that unwanted stuff, but i get stuck n pissed so i stop trying..
    Ive done it in my 8100 and my 8310 with no problems. Im a memory freak, i hate having low memory in my phone, soince i store all of my sms on the phones memory its a drag when they get deleted by ther os. BTW im 27155131 Bytes free.

sharley2112 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok maybe someone can help me out. My messages and recent calls are being deleted. I checked my memory and I had somewhere around 7 mb (I think). Anyway, now it's saying I have 0 memory. I have deleted tons of stuff already. This happens every once in a while but it's annoying when I miss a call and don't know who it was. HELP?!! 8100

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast