so i had my 8120 for some time now (still have 4.3) and for some ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

oc12522 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question memory problem

Advertisement

so i had my 8120 for some time now (still have 4.3) and for some odd reason my memory goes from 10000000 bytes to as low as 700000 bytes and its getting really anoying cus it will delete my text and call logs. some time even after "
    Browser History- Select the Browser>press the menu button in the button then options within the browser>cache operation and clear all history (content,pushed, cookies).
    Hold Alt. then type LGLG>event log>menu button clear log." it will only be at 2000000 bytes which will still delete my text and call log. and yea after doing a battery pull usually does the job but do i have to do this like every other day or can i do something to make this stop?

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok, so you're filling up your device memory. Do you have a media card in your phone? (make sure you move all ringtones, multimedia, etc to your media card from the device memory).

Also, get rid of any extra languages, themes you don't use, applications you don't use with Desktop Manager.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    You might have to set some limits on the amount of time you keep messages: go to you messages, press menu key>options and scroll to "keep messages" and see what that's set to - "forever" if you chose that may be too long.

Also, be aware that if you have added any application (or changed any) to do automatic updates, you could be "pulling in" data from one of your applications with auto updates that you don't realize is happening. If so, there are usually limits that you can set to how much info is downloaded to your phone.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Well I have a 1 gb sd card. I have added applications but I have also deleted the ones I don't need. I have the messages on "15 days" not on "forever" ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

help this is getting really anoying

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The easiest way I found for dealing with the memory issues was to use the SoftReset program every 2-3 days to reboot the BB. Easier than a battery pull and the app is free OTA link here

I would either do it in the morning before I showered or at night when I went to bed. Also you may have deleted some of these already, but I'll list some of the ones I removed: extra languages, help, VAD(voice activated dialing), preloaded pics, pre-loaded video, and I deleted preloaded ringtones also, but then had trouble assigning custom ringtones to people in my contacts so I added them back.

There are also some settings in media/menu/options that you should set to the lowest sized option if you have a media card.

Hope this helps
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4