Ok, so last night I finally have in to my curiosity and upgraded to the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Memory Leak with 1.66?

Advertisement

Ok, so last night I finally have in to my curiosity and upgraded to the TIM Italy OS. I was running .71 and never had any memory leaks. At times, I did find it to be pretty sluggish, but that was about the worst complaint. After the upgrade, everything was working just fine until about an hour ago. I went to resume my THK2 game and was prompted for my activation code. The game has reverted back to its "trial period".I realize that I can just restore it from DM or just look in the restore file to get the activation code (I have seen it there before, while looking for something else). However, my concern is why this happened in the first place. I had been playing the game as usual just 2 hours prior to this. The only thing I can come up with is this. Between games, I was messing around with the themes. I was checking out the Vodafone Today theme (I had it unlocked with .71, but never used it). This theme seemed very night to me. It was taking an awful long time just to switch between the home screen and the icon screen. At one point, I did a batt pull, and promptly switched back to the T-Mo zen theme. It wasn't long before I attempted to resume my game.Has anyone else experienced this? I've not found anything similar through the search function on here, so I'm assuming this is new.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Memory Leak with 1.66?

im not sure about the holdem score reset...as i don't play that.
    i do know that the last time i decided to do the russian roulette OS game, my restore didn't work on half of my 3rd party apps as it normally does

so you really aren't 'leaking memory'...per se?

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Its seems like a very long story, maybe if you re- inter your game codes that would maybe help

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It's not just the score that was reset, the game bp longer recognizes that I purchased the game and activated it back in March. It reads something along the lines of my trial period wil end in 7 days.
    Immediately following and for several hours after the upgrade, it worked just fine. So, it wasn't the restore that failed. It would seem that either the Vodafone theme or the OS (or the combination of the two) would be the culprit.

PIN/ID
    ATA

yep...all you need to do is re-enter your regi code

happened to me on a sudoku game

the theme had nothing to do with it...it was the upgrade in the OS and a failure in the restore

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ok, at the risk of sounding either BB handicapped or just argumentative(sp?), why (if there was a failure in the restore process) would the game have worked properly for a number of hours before having any problems?
    I can think of only two possible reasons for this problem. The first being that the activation code was deleted from within the device (well after the restore). Either by some error caused by the OS or theme (or maybe a memory leak?). Or the activation code was corrupted by the adformentioned culprits.
    I'm not saying these are the only possibilities, I could definitely be wrong about this (just don't tell my wife I just said that). I just can't find the logic to support a failed restore theory.

PS I realize that this is "a long story" and that the activation code will bring my game back out of "trial mode". I'm just worried that this could be just the beginning for a long string of bugs for my baby.

PIN/ID
    ATA

maybe you restored back to a later date and the app thinks your time is up? i really don't know
    mine is not to reason why....

maybe one more battery pull?

you are right tho, very peculiar.