Just a while back, I stopped receiving mails without any other simptoms. I observed some ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kavindra no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2507CF98

Question Memory Leak on something else ?

Advertisement

Just a while back, I stopped receiving mails without any other simptoms. I observed some recent mails are also gone (deleted) without my knowledge. It showed Zero remaining memory so I deleted a few photos and then mail started appearing. But soon the memory was zero again and this time my call hystory was erased ! I was able to send messages and make calls but even SMS messages were not received. !
    Is there a Memory leak or garbage collection issue ? if anyone else has faced this and what could be the fix. Currently I managed by cold-booting the device by removing battery and loosening the SIM and reinserting it after a while. Immediately it showed some 10MB free memory and started working fine. But I am so paranoid that I am checking the Free memory with every mail or SMS and trying to figure out when it goes berserk.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Memory Leak on something else ?

This is a known problem with every Java based blackberry. The best option is to remove all unwanted, unused Language Support applications and other apps you don't need and periodic cold reboots.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Memory Leak on something else ?

Quote Originally Posted by kavindra
    Just a while back, I stopped receiving mails without any other simptoms. I observed some recent mails are also gone (deleted) without my knowledge. It showed Zero remaining memory so I deleted a few photos and then mail started appearing. But soon the memory was zero again and this time my call hystory was erased ! I was able to send messages and make calls but even SMS messages were not received. !
    Is there a Memory leak or garbage collection issue ? if anyone else has faced this and what could be the fix. Currently I managed by cold-booting the device by removing battery and loosening the SIM and reinserting it after a while. Immediately it showed some 10MB free memory and started working fine. But I am so paranoid that I am checking the Free memory with every mail or SMS and trying to figure out when it goes berserk.
    Kavindra what OS are you on? Do you have a lot of ringtones and pictures stored on your Pearl? Do you have a MicroSD card?

You may want to upgrade your OS. Newer versions don't seem to have the memory leak issue.