I just wanted to know, how do you find out how much memory you have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Memory for Apps!!! How to know, how much?

Advertisement

I just wanted to know, how do you find out how much memory you have left to add Apps??.......I only have a few, but I know they take up memory!!

How do I check for how much I have left????

thanks in advance

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Re: Memory for Apps!!! How to know, how much?

[FONT=Verdana]This depends on what you leave on the device form the factory, You can free up a lot of Space by removing languages you don't use, Demo Video, Brick breaker. Of the 64MB on the device you usally have about 33 available if you slim down what it on the device. If you pull that battery with the phone on, and after it restarts, go to Options>Status, and check your File free then you will know what is left to work with. Make sure you have a memory card to store pictures and music, that way you are only using the phone storeage for Apps. Good luck[/FONT]
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]This depends on what you leave on the device form the factory, You can free up a lot of Space by removing languages you don't use, Demo Video, Brick breaker. Of the 64MB on the device you usally have about 33 available if you slim down what it on the device. If you pull that battery with the phone on, and after it restarts, go to Options>Status, and check your File free then you will know what is left to work with. Make sure you have a memory card to store pictures and music, that way you are only using the phone storeage for Apps. Good luck[/FONT]
    Sweet.......thanks dude!! I appreciate it, you helped me out a lot...I don't have too much on my phone (all my vids, pics, music are on my Mem Card), but I just don't wanna run out of space/mem

Thanks pda.teck

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    How do you remove the demo video?? Tried to just hit "delete", but nothing happens!! and as for Brick Breaker etc etc, Its just options>advanced options> applications> select app > menu, delete???

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

yes that's how you delete it. you can also find the free info by holding down the alt key and typing in RACE. it will give you all the info about your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by psi chick View Post
    yes that's how you delete it. you can also find the free info by holding down the alt key and typing in RACE. it will give you all the info about your phone.
    Nice........thanks a bunch you guys!!!