I recently upgraded from 8100 to 8110. I love my new phone but the memory ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sharley2112 no está en línea Stack level 1

memory drain!

Advertisement

I recently upgraded from 8100 to 8110. I love my new phone but the memory is draining super quick! I have to do a daily battery pull just to avoid losing all my messages and call log. I am hanging around 1mb and have not been able to get it any higher. I have already cleaned out browser history, etc. Suggestions? Oh and 3rd party apps are at a minimum.

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Wow that makes no sense! I have no idea why your memory would be draining like that. I heard on the 8100 there are some memory issues.

You should put a media card in and save your databases to your media card when possible.

"If you are having issues with your BlackBerry such as your call logs or SMS/Text messages suddenly disappearing, the information in this thread will help you clear up the immediate issues facing your device.

Other symptoms of low-memory on your BlackBerry include losing pictures that reside in your device memory, losing emails within the time period it is set to keep messages on the device, and often simply shutting down and rebooting.

To do first:
    On your BlackBerry, go to Options > Status. Check the "File Free" entry. The number is expressed in Bytes, so a number there of "10123456" would indicate you have 10.12 MegaBytes of memory free to use on your BB.

While there is not hard and fast rule of how much "File Free", free memory, is required, the symptoms above are most noticed when the free memory is below 10MB. The lower the number, the more likely you will experience loss of call logs, SMS and email messages. It is recommended to strive to attain a file free higher than 15MB.

To do second:
    Removing the battery on your BlackBerry and replacing it, will often clear up between 2-10MB of free memory. This is commonly referred to as a "reset" of the BlackBerry, and is recommended by RIM for circumstances such as these. Doing so will not delete any settings, applications, data, or personal informaton on the device. Rather, it simply clears the cached memory of the BlackBerry and releases memory to be free that has been in use by other applications and not yet released.

With your BlackBerry remaining powered on, remove the back cover, remove the battery and hold about 30 seconds. Replace the battery and allow the device to reboot. Check the file free status again, at Options > Status. You will notice a marked difference."

Additional info on memory leaks on the 8100:
    http://blackberryfaq.net/index.php/A...ks_on_the_8100
    nonnasmyladie [@] vzw [Dot] blackberry [dot] net

PIN: 31a987a7

sharley2112 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had issues with memory on the 8100 also buy not this bad. I have a memory card and everything is on that. Since this phone is only 2 weeks old I should have the most recent OS (4.3). Should I go back to AT&T and exchange the phone?

The only stuff I have downloaded is 2 games, google maps, and yahoo go. I'm afraid to put themes on here or do anything else!

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Try getting an new phone from AT&T. I mean you shouldn't be having memory issues right out the gate without downloading third party apps. I had memory leak problems on one of my older blackberries and it wasn't the model it was just the specific phone I had was messed up. Back everything up as soon as you can incase your bb crashes. Sometimes there is so much memory lost the OS can't even run to boot and you will be in a crappy situation so back up.
    nonnasmyladie [@] vzw [Dot] blackberry [dot] net

PIN: 31a987a7

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    You might also try clearing the event log: in the main screen hit Alt + L G L G , hit Menu and select delete.