My memory is dangerously low and is deleting my call logs, sms, etc. I have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Gmason no está en línea Stack level 2

Memory dangerously low

Advertisement

My memory is dangerously low and is deleting my call logs, sms, etc. I have only loaded 3 themes and a couple apps so where is all my memory going? I installed these apps only a few days ago and already it is saying I have no memory left. I believe it is storing my browser cache somewhere. Where do i go to clear these files out?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Memory dangerously low

You have to delete saved messages and clear your call logs, and web browser cache!!

hold down alt, hit L G L G, menu Clear log, try that...do a reboot and you should be ok

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~open your browser>menu key>options>cache operations>clean I hope this helps

Thanks. I did both those and still only have 2mb of free memory. Any toher ideas?

Do you have a memory card?? are you saving files (music, pics & vids) on the device itself ?

Yes. I have a 2 GB SD card that I store all my media on. Im gonna try deleting some apps I dont use like PTT and Password Keeper and see if that doesnt give me a little breathing room. Its dropped another 1/2 MB while sitting idle since my last post

Alright...post your progress

Will do. Thanks B

GaryF no está en línea Stack Moderator

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~take a look at Reddogs FAQs in the stickied threads at the top of the 8100 forum and you will find several solutions for this.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I notice you haven't mentioned doing a battery pull. A lot of your memory may be eaten up just by temporary files that haven't been closed because the unit hasn't been shut completely down and rebooted. Try that and see what happens.

Zo

Well I went in and deleted a couple old themes I wasnt using as well as medievel kings chess 2. Cleared my event log and resent my service books. Then did a hard reset and I now have almost 20 MB of free memory! I just need to get in the habit of clearing out the stuff I dont use anymore any maybe doing a bettery pull (the beeshabo fix all method once a week or so to take care of any memory leaks or stuff runiing in the background. Thanks pinstack members for the prompt fix.

-G

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

There is an app in the download section called Soft Reset that also helps. Also some of the older OS's area causing memory leaks too. I had the same problem and upgraded my OS to the newer Alltel and memory leak is gone.....so far
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

nikjay25 no está en línea Stack level 2

you should probably make sure not to save your media in the device memory, as it would go out fast since there isnt much room, hope this helps, and also go to settings>security options>memory cleaning> press menu and clean now it will clean out all kinds of stuff you dont need.