Does anyone use the memory cleaner found in the security menu? Does it clean as ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

BBerry07 no está en línea Stack level 2

memory cleaner

Advertisement

Does anyone use the memory cleaner found in the security menu? Does it clean as well as a soft reset or not do much at all?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: memory cleaner

I have mine set to clean while I holster it. I've never had a problem with memory when ever it's working.

I did have my call logs, text, and messages disappear one time when I forgot to turn it back on. So i would say it does do a good job.

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3

I personally don't like having the feature turned on, because I have my phone set to lock every 30 seconds to save my battery, and if I'm browsing the web and it locks, it automatically takes me back to my bookmarks. And it does this sometimes when I exit the browser by pressing the end key to keep it running in the background. Other than those problems I have found, the memory cleaner works great. It speeds up my media, etc...

marigotrip no está en línea Stack level 3

I am probably missing someting here, but I can't find a memory cleaner in the security options. Can you point me to it? Thanks,
    Bill

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3

options/security options/ general settings/ content protection- enable this/ go all the way back to your main screen, then go back into security settings and you will have memory cleaner.

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3

And what does memory cleaner do,
    thanks

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah I enabled it I don't want to screw up my phone what does it exzactly do lol I feel dumb for asking this but my call logs and texts and emails have been getting erased and most of them are important I don't like when I haven't read my mail then the next thing I know its gone lol please elabarate on this subject.thank you ahead of time