this afternoon i installed a 1gig card in my pearl, but i havent found out ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

garfer03 no está en línea Stack level 1

memory card questions.

Advertisement

this afternoon i installed a 1gig card in my pearl, but i havent found out how to access it, and for the life of me i cant find my manual.

my problem is i have no clue how to access it, either with my phone or while its sync'd with my laptop.

any help is appreciated.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: memory card questions.

First off, go Options-Advanced Options-Media Card...

Then click your menu button

Then go to Format

Now, when you connect to the computer via USB, on your device, watch the screen and ENABLE mass storage...It will then work as a removeable drive on your device...

To access it go to your media folder...Then choose pictures, ringtones, video, mp3...

Then when it says Device Memory/preloaded media or media card, choose media card.

i dont have the option to format. and then when i go to the media folder it doenst have a media card option.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Garfer, here is the User Guide for the Pearl (you mentioned you couldn't find yours): http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...71121&vernum=0

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

So you can't go to options>advanced options>media card and then when you click the menu button you can't find format card? Just to tell you because you may not know but everything I have told you is supposed to be done on your phone not your pc. Tell us what happens when you try to do this and we will try to help.

COJO 24

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

As N8DBB suggested go back into Options-Advanced Options-Media Card and tell us if "Media Card Support" is "On". If it is "off" turn it on and see if that helps (make sure to save your settings by hitting the back arrow and not the red hang-up button).

I would also suggest turning "Mass Storage Mode Support" to "On".

As well as "When Connected" to "Yes" (or "Prompt" if you want the phone to ask you each time you connect it to the computer). Turning this on means you can use Windows Explorer to browse the media card and copy or delete files to the card much more quickly. As well as create folders which brings me to my next point.

If you get the phone to recognize the micro SD card you should also, on the media card, create the following folders:
    \blackberry
    \blackberry\music
    \blackberry\pictures
    \blackberry\ringtones
    \blackberry\videos

Good Luck!
    Bill

well for some unknown reason my phone now reconigizes the memory card, and i was able to format it. kinda weird i think. but its all better now.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Glad u got that fixed Welcome to the Stacks