Results 1 to 10 of 10

Sup guys, i just got a Black Pearl yesterday..its my first smartphone and i love ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    Blackg3519s's Avatar
    Blackg3519s no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5

    Memory Card needed for videos?

    Advertisement



    Sup guys, i just got a Black Pearl yesterday..its my first smartphone and i love it but have a question..

    I was wondering if in order to put a video even if its small and woudl fit in the internal memory..does it allow me to do so..or do i NEED a memory card..I ask because i was using the program listed in the Sticky about putting videos and it transfers to the phone on the Desktop manager but it DOES NOT SHOW ON MY PHONE...

    any help will be apreciated..thanks

  2. #2
    sarbin's Avatar
    sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    241

    Re: Memory Card needed for videos?

    Where did you put it on the phone? Try putting it into the ringtone or picture folder. Or, from the 1st screen of the Media applet on the phone, click the menu button and select 'Explore' and see if you can find the vid file. If you do, click it and see if it plays.
    HTH

  3. #3
    peterbabiy's Avatar
    peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA
    Posts
    1,926

    Re: Memory Card needed for videos?

    The video should be stored in your "video" folder. Also your device storage limit is 2.8MB, thats a pretty short video. Another reason why it may not show is cause you're transfering it with a wrong format. Try converting it to .AVI

    My advice, if u ever gonna put videos on it, get a memory card they're only like $20 1GB otherwise your phone will get real slow, real fast and u'll run out of storage which means your messages and call logs may be deleted anytime and so on.

  4. #4
    Blackg3519s's Avatar
    Blackg3519s no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5

    Re: Memory Card needed for videos?

    Quote Originally Posted by sarbin
    Where did you put it on the phone? Try putting it into the ringtone or picture folder. Or, from the 1st screen of the Media applet on the phone, click the menu button and select 'Explore' and see if you can find the vid file. If you do, click it and see if it plays.
    HTH

    thank you soo much, it worked!

  5. #5
    Blackg3519s's Avatar
    Blackg3519s no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5

    Re: Memory Card needed for videos?

    Quote Originally Posted by peterbabiy
    The video should be stored in your "video" folder. Also your device storage limit is 2.8MB, thats a pretty short video. Another reason why it may not show is cause you're transfering it with a wrong format. Try converting it to .AVI

    My advice, if u ever gonna put videos on it, get a memory card they're only like $20 1GB otherwise your phone will get real slow, real fast and u'll run out of storage which means your messages and call logs may be deleted anytime and so on.
    yeah im going to get a memory card, i was just testing it out..by the way do you know where it would be a good place to get one for the best price.

  6. #6
    sarbin's Avatar
    sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    241

    Re: Memory Card needed for videos?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackg3519s
    thank you soo much, it worked!
    Which item worked? Putting the vid in the ringtone or picture folder? Or using 'Explore' to find the file? Your answer might help another Stacker.

  7. #7
    peterbabiy's Avatar
    peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA
    Posts
    1,926

    Re: Memory Card needed for videos?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackg3519s
    yeah im going to get a memory card, i was just testing it out..by the way do you know where it would be a good place to get one for the best price.
    If retail store then, FRYS would be my #1 choice, also bestbuy. If buying online Id say ebay should be the cheapest. Make sure u look for MICRO SD CARD not miniSD

  8. #8
    Blackg3519s's Avatar
    Blackg3519s no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5

    Re: Memory Card needed for videos?

    Quote Originally Posted by sarbin
    Which item worked? Putting the vid in the ringtone or picture folder? Or using 'Explore' to find the file? Your answer might help another Stacker.
    sorry, yeah i meant to say that by Clicking EXPLORE it found the video.

  9. #9
    Blackg3519s's Avatar
    Blackg3519s no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5

    Re: Memory Card needed for videos?

    Quote Originally Posted by peterbabiy
    If retail store then, FRYS would be my #1 choice, also bestbuy. If buying online Id say ebay should be the cheapest. Make sure u look for MICRO SD CARD not miniSD
    thanks, will do.

  10. #10
    sarbin's Avatar
    sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    241

    Re: Memory Card needed for videos?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackg3519s
    sorry, yeah i meant to say that by Clicking EXPLORE it found the video.
    Cool... glad it worked for you.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •