Hello everyone, this is my first thread. My name is Lizzy & I just got ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bebituh no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Memory card (formatted)

Advertisement

Hello everyone, this is my first thread.
    My name is Lizzy & I just got my blackberry1800 the day before yesterday.
    Honestly, it's been pretty crazy learning how to use this phone.

My problem is, ever since I got the phone, Ive been having problems accessing my memory card (micro sd 2.0GB) through my blackberry.
    When I put it in the adapter, or use the usb cable, I could see every folder and pictures I have in it (in my computer).

Now I took my memory card out, and put it in the adapter & inserted it in my laptop to delete every file I had. But now when I go to Options -> Advanced Options ->Media card, it says "media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted".

What does that mean? & what do i have to do?

Thanks Guys in advance

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Memory card (formatted)

You need to format the media card so that you can put files on it.

Go to Options-->Advanced-->Media Card-->Menu Button-->Format Card.

P.S. Welcome to the Stacks, you came to the right place for help.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

bebituh no está en línea Stack level 1

OMG THANK YOU !!! I didnt think about it! LOL. I feel dumb.
    Thank you lots <3

-Lizzy
    - Lizzy (*L&J*)

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Don't feel dumb. These devices are a little more complicated than the average phone. The learning curve can be steep, but its pretty short. Especially if you use this place as your reference guide.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

demil1973 no está en línea Stack level 1
    every time i try to format my memory card, it continues to read "memory card cannot be read. verify that the memory card is formatted." when i go to media card>menu>format card>yes, it tells me the card needs to be formatted. when i press ok, then "format is successful" pops up. then when i exit it states that the card stills needs to be formatted. i'm @ the end of my rope with this s#*!

8900 no está en línea Stack level 1

help

help plz!....i have a problem with my blackberry javelin it says that i have to verify if my memory card is formatted... and 2 seconds ago it was perfect till i connected it to my pc ... so what do i do now ? :S

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    If you connect it to your PC, can you still see everything on it? If so, I would recommend doing a backup of it. Then if your phone still says it needs formatted you can do that. If you plug it into the PC, does it say it needs to be repaired?

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by demil1973 View Post
    every time i try to format my memory card, it continues to read "memory card cannot be read. verify that the memory card is formatted." when i go to media card>menu>format card>yes, it tells me the card needs to be formatted. when i press ok, then "format is successful" pops up. then when i exit it states that the card stills needs to be formatted. i'm @ the end of my rope with this s#*!
    How old is the card? You might have exceeded the life of the card.

xscotticusx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I have had this problem. Take the Micro SD card and place it in the adapter then pc. Assuming you run windows, go to the start menu and open my computer click the drive which is your secure digital (SD)card usually F: or J: and rightclick. Select format. When the format window appears, make certain it isn't set for the quick format to ensure correctly done. Place it back in the phone and try. If this fails try a different card. Welcome to the Stack!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BlackBerry8100/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0

8900 no está en línea Stack level 1

thnks

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    If you connect it to your PC, can you still see everything on it? If so, I would recommend doing a backup of it. Then if your phone still says it needs formatted you can do that. If you plug it into the PC, does it say it needs to be repaired?
    well this is what i did.....i connect it once again in my PC and then i copy all the info after i plug out the blackberry enter into options and did what u said... after 1 minute the phone was ok but without pictures and stuff so i connect it in my pc again to put everything back.... thanks!!!!!! i own u..........by the way if i write something wrong is because i have learn english by watching movies and reading lyrics

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Glad that worked for you...

krislo no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had this problem when I tried to use the sd card from my sidekick. when I went to the dealer for help they said that it was something about certain brands not being compatible with other brands. So like if the card is formatted to one brand it can't be formatted to another.but maybe they just wanted me to spend more money.haha and I did.
    BlackBerry8100/4.5.0.55 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

nadia29 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Media Card Format Failed

I have a 8520 blackberry, It shows a message media card cannot be read. verify that the memory card is formatted. i format it and then a pop up message says MEDIA CARD FORMAT FAILED! why does that happen and most important what do i do to resolve my problem? PLEASE, HELP ME!

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    hi Naida.. i would try taking the card out from the BB and try to format it directly from your pc using a card reader.. if you have one.

then try to format it again through the blackberry.

Options-->Advanced-->Media Card-->Menu Button-->Format Card.
    --
    More than meets the eye.

Another issue with the 8520 and 8530 Curves is that the cards needs to be put in the device - - - just right - - -. Sometimes you have to fiddle with it to get it to fit just right. So says my daughter that uses a 8520 . . .