I was trying to format my memory card to my Blackberry Pearl 8100 afew minutes ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

BoostGetsULaid no está en línea Stack level 1

Memory Card Failing to format

Advertisement

I was trying to format my memory card to my Blackberry Pearl 8100 afew minutes ago and it gives me a pop up saying "Media Card Format Failed"

I went to Media card then hit the menu button then went to format card. am i missing anything?...........yes the card is in the slot and locked

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Re: Memory Card Failing to format

your card should not be on lock. and if it fails again you can format it manuallall you have to do i make a main folder named "BlackBerry" then inside that folder create 4 others named "music" pictures" ringtones" videos" that exact spelling CAP sensitive.

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I think he may have meant that the card is locked in place. If that is the case, the card might me defective.

BoostGetsULaid no está en línea Stack level 1

how would i do this?

Couldn't be defective this card has been seen more phones than i've owned. i got it from a friend for free cause he upgraded. it just a 512mb or whatever
    Last edited by BoostGetsULaid; 01-06-2008 at 12:39 AM.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

you should try to format the card at your computer, if you don't have a memory card reader, try to find a friend with a laptop that support it

Remember to place the folders jeffallen8 posted on the card after the format

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by BoostGetsULaid View Post
    how would i do this?

Couldn't be defective this card has been seen more phones than i've owned. i got it from a friend for free cause he upgraded. it just a 512mb or whatever
    Are you saying that just because it's an old card, that it can't fail? I'd like to know how that was accomplished. Have you tried to format it using your PC? Have you tried to format another card in your BB?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

dsump no está en línea Stack level 2

I have had 2 cards go bad that I have used in several old phones. my latest is a 1gb adate card. After such a long time, they stop working and the sectors go bad. I have fixed one card but after a while it goes bad again and I just ended up replacing. They are cheap to buy. To fix the cards, I put them in the PC and open windows explorer. Right click on the drive letter and do an error checking and select automatically fix errors. Also do another format in Fat32. If this does not work, junk it.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by BoostGetsULaid View Post
    how would i do this?

The card has to be formatted/wiped in a pc before you put it into the BB, then formatted in the phone. That puts the 4 BB folders on it for media (photos, rts, video, music).
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.