I asked this already but didnt get the answer i was looking for. is there ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

egonzalez no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2483198D

memory

Advertisement

I asked this already but didnt get the answer i was looking for. is there a way to upgrade memory to your phone's drive, not a mem. card but on the drive? You only get 64mb with the pearl. I need at least 256mb for all my software.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: memory

The pearl doesn't have a "drive" in it. The 64mb of memory is flash memory not a drive. It is only upgradable if you know how to change out the memory chips (which could actually damage the unit permanently). There is no normal method to upgrade the memory in a cell phone yet.

What software are you trying to run that requires 256mb of memory?

Zo

egonzalez no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2483198D

I used all my mem. and it was slowing down my phone. Google Maps was using up mem. everytime i used it. I had Epocrates which took up like 10mb but i had to delete it. I got a few others but i thought it be nice if i could upgrade to like 256mb and have room for future downloads.

ChefScott no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212c6ad0

Check out this thread on phone memory, you can get some free'd up by following this. Just do not delete the files, move them to another file in case you need them, if something does not work right you can put them back
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=13747

Another thing I do, is keep a file of all my apps, if I notice I am not using them, I take them off the phone, but still have them to add back in if I need them down the road, thus not taking up space on the flash, and leaving more room for currents apps to run.