Helloooo....I've had my pearl for about 3 months now and i really like it. moved ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jtesnani no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Memo - Making an entry private/password protected

Advertisement

Helloooo....I've had my pearl for about 3 months now and i really like it. moved over from a treo and am still getting used to not having a touch screen and the different os.

i've been visiting this forum for awhile now too and i love how the people here are so nice so i decided to post...

i was wondering if there's a function in memo that the treo has, which was to make certain entries with sensitive information private so that whoever wants to view it will need to enter a password. i checked in the phone and the manual and the only thing that seems to be the closest to it is to set a password for the phone and enable security. is that correct?

thanks for your help!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Memo - Making an entry private/password protected

Hello Jtesnani and Welcome to the Stacks. Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a way to password protect specific memos. You can only password protect the unit.

johnbee123 no está en línea Stack level 1

jtesnani, thank you for opening a post on memo questions. I too am a recent treo convert and I can sympathize with your touchscreen memories. Does anyone know how I can import my memos from my palm treo 650. I had taken some awesome notes and things that I want to keep with me at all times.

Thanks for the help!

JB

vidals no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If the treo memos are outlook compatible, just use the normal outlook sync capabilities of the desktop manager. I would think that saving memos into plain text files for outlook should not be a big issue.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

johnbee, you may have to export them from your treo sync as a character separated AscII file an then sync that file to your BB.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles