Hello, I was reading a book about BlackBerry Tips for all models last weekend and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

SaddleSC no está en línea Stack level 2

Meeting Request on 8100

Advertisement

Hello,
    I was reading a book about BlackBerry Tips for all models last weekend and in the calendar function, it says that you can create an appointment, and then click the trackball and select Invite Attendee; then you are taken to the Address Book to select who to email this appointment to.

This function does not seem available on my 8100. Is this tip only for the full keyboard models, or am I missing something. It seems like a neat way to set a meeting.

Thanks.

McQueen no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Meeting Request on 8100

Works on my 8100, but I'm on a corporate BES

SaddleSC no está en línea Stack level 2

Interesting. I am just using it with POP email and a tmo.blackberry email address through T-Mobile. Perhaps this function is only available to those users with BES?? Anyone else get this to work without going through BES? Thanks.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Invites in Calendar are strictly a function of BES, and only if the BES admin policies allow it.

Without BES, you will have to be satisfied with just emailing your details and manually entering them in the calendar.

liok83 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello,

My friend has the same problem. Missing "invite attendee" function in calendar.
    He is using BB8310 v4.2.2.176, BIS, and his email is on IMAP server type.
    Possibilities to resolve this problems are hard reset and to resend service books.
    I believe that reloading or updating the BB OS is not the solution here. What else can he do to get this function?? Are there any technicals, software or server type reasons to not have this functions in generally??

I also have BIS and im having this function.

Please help