Boy, this is driving me crazy..... Every time when my Pearl 8110 is locked (manually ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3

Media Player stops playing when unlocking teh device

Advertisement

Boy, this is driving me crazy.....

Every time when my Pearl 8110 is locked (manually or by timer) and I´m unlocking it the Media Player is stopping the playback. This DOES not happen when using a 8100 Pearl or 8120.

I´m using the Media Player playing pretty long MP3 files (radio shows of 120 mins stored on the sd card) so every time the playback is stopping I have to fastforward by guess... Thats freaking me out !

Does anyone have an idea or can try this on his/her 8110 ?

btw: I´m using firmware 4.3.0.93, plattform 2.6.0.53

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Media Player stops playing when unlocking teh device

you're right, its never happened on my 8100 earl. however, i've never played with an 8110. i'm curious to see if its happening to other 8110. if not then i would assume that it may be a software issue and a reload of the software may be required (worse case scenario)
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Media Player stops playing when unlocking teh device

I´m pretty disappointed that theres no one around with a 8110 willing to test this on his 8110.

I found a workaround which still is not what I want - but it´s an improvement: Pausing the music with pressing the Mute key and then unlocking the device avoids the issue I described above.

JonnyVideo no está en línea Stack level 1
    I dunno Man. I just tried to get mine to do it and it works fine. I let it lock and then unlock and no playback stop or loss. Your memory could be leaking and if that is happening it could slow it up a bit. But other than that I am not sure.